Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm pleased Newcastle are down.

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
That's right, I'm pleased Newcastle have been relegated because,

it's a little reminder to a number of people that there is a life outside the premiership.

No club has the right to be in any division, I was listening to Shearer on the radio this morning saying how these fans deserve premiership football, tell me how they deserve it more than anyone else ?

Shearer has also said in the past he would never play at a lower level, well he might end up managaing in it now.

I hate the premiership for the best part, it largley represents the greed and self obsessed side of football, i'm as happy with Necastle breaking up that party as when West Ham and Leeds were relegated in the past.

On the flip side clubs like Hull breaking into the scene is great.

It's a bit like being a famous celebrity, Don't forget where you came from and stay in touch with your routes.

I don't hate Newcastle or their fans, this is a little wake up call and I think in the long run it serves in the games best interest.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
aufwiedersehn.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There fans are twats.

All week I have had to put up with a nob at work claiming Newcastle dont deserve to go down and they are a prem club.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There fans are twats.

All week I have had to put up with a nob at work claiming Newcastle dont deserve to go down and they are a prem club.
I do hate that mentality,bit like Leeds.On the other hand i do reckon they have the best bunch of fans in the prem.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm chuffed Newcastle have gone down for two reasons;

1. Serves the people that own the club right for getting though so many managers in such a short space of time. If they had stuck with one of them; Allardyce in particular they might still be in the Premiership and might be pushing for the European places in due course. Can people not see what has happened to Man U, Everton, Arsenal etc. by sticking with Managers.

2. I'm please becasue of of all those so called 'best supporters in the world' have been exposed as knowing nothing about football by saying for years that Shearer is the only man that can bring success to Newcastle. Supportes that knew the game and wanted the best for their club wouldn't want a novice to get them through a relegation battle.

We'll see what a great club they are when we see how many turn up at Doncaster in the middle of February.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
For every one who thinks they 'deserve' to be in the Prem, there will be plenty making no excuses. The support being interviewed outside the ground last night on the Beeb were having a go at the board, but saying they hadn't been good enough all season. Shearer said much the same - he said they hadn't gone down because of yesterday, or because of his eight games, but because they were not good enough over the season.

I agree with liam82's sentiment that it serves the best interest of the game, as it stagnates if the status quo remains unchanged, but hope they're not down there too long. The bigger clubs are those with the best long term chance of getting the backing required to challenge the established big four, so it's also in the best interest of competition if clubs like Newcastle are up there.

If Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham, Leeds and their like are not even in the Prem, what chance is there of the quadropoly (that may be a made up word) being broken up?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think they will struggle in the Championship next season. They need a brand new squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here