Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm pleased England lost

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Won't stop them being either overpaid or tossers though.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: I'm pleased England lost

brightonfan_86 said:
I'm embarssed to be a England fan,

But we do have the Ashes to look forward too.

I wouldn't go that far. All teams have bad patches.
Germany were atrocious just before the last World Cup being beaten by us 5-1 but rallied and got it right.
That is the key, not that we lost tonight but how we pick up from here.

I am looking forward to the Ashes but I hope no-one thinks it is a foregone conclusion that we will win or even get the draw.
The cricket team need to be a lot more up for it than the football team tonight (I'm taking a portable tv to work tomorrow)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: I'm pleased England lost

Yorkie said:
That is the key, not that we lost tonight but how we pick up from here.
I've been waiting for us to pick up for nearly 4 years.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The sad thing is that I sat down to watch the game on the box tonight and I wasn't expecting a glittering display of talent, in fact it reminded me of watching the Albion in the mid to late 90's, there was little surprise when we got humped again.

England can pull out of this mire, after all the Albion did, they have the players but at the moment the heart beat of the team, namely Lampard and Gerrard, seem totally out of sorts.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
it pisses me of......

the last world cup and the last euros their wasnt an outstanding team.......

we have the players to match anyone.....but maybe its a lack of belief in the camp or more likely is over confidence.

but i dont think changing the manager will make a difference

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Gully said:
The sad thing is that I sat down to watch the game on the box tonight and I wasn't expecting a glittering display of talent, in fact it reminded me of watching the Albion in the mid to late 90's, there was little surprise when we got humped again.

Funny, it reminded me of watching Spurs when Gooner Graham was in charge, no sense of cohesion or inspiration or any reason for an onlooker to get excited other than the fact he was at a football match (and if he waited long enough it would soon be over, until next time... Yep, that exciting...)

Except Spurs under Graham had to rely on such players as Nielsen, Armstrong, Freund and Leonhardsen. Sven has at his disposal such talents as Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Owen.
Yet seems to send them out like a Division Two team taking on a Premiership high-flier, happy to see the game out and maybe sneak a scrappy goal if we're really, really lucky.

Can see so many England fans just being sapped of all enthusiasm for the national side, the longer this goes on. Started with the lacklustre approach to friendlies - annoying, but not quite so important - but now... Enough people have wised up now and seen through the flimsy Ikea bedclothes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here