I'm p***ed off with this now!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I can.

1. Injuries
2. Loss of form
3. Uncertainty over best positions for players

I'm sorry i just think we should be better than that, any club can make up a series of excuses but at the end of the season all that matters is our position in the table, all the excuses in the world won't give us points.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I can.

1. Injuries
2. Loss of form
3. Uncertainty over best positions for players

Can I add motivation or the lack of it to this list?
I find this so hard to believe from a Micky Adams of old, but for me he is not showing the same motivation in himself. He had poor teams fighting for their places in his previous reign I don't see this now.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
10 years ago we'd have killed for a, Murrey, Forster, Cox, Livermore, Elphick, Mcleod etc. So i just can't see why half the time we look like a sunday league outfit.

This cannot be a happy squad of players at the moment with the number of "loanees".

Would any of our permanent players feel confident, when, as soon as we have a poor game....(often so far), Adams makes it quite clear the squad is not good enough....?

Last years squad.....particularly the younger ones...........I would imagine, are feeling quite disillusioned right now.

From the outside, it looks a disorganised shambles to me.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
This cannot be a happy squad of players at the moment with the number of "loanees".

Would any of our permanent players feel confident, when, as soon as we have a poor game....(often so far), Adams makes it quite clear the squad is not good enough....?

Last years squad.....particularly the younger ones...........I would imagine, are feeling quite disillusioned right now.

From the outside, it looks a disorganised shambles to me.

I agree, but for me any player worth his stripes would knuckle down and fight for a place in the starting eleven.

A shambles it is!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Why do people keep saying the team isn't good enough.

Players who helped us finish in 7th last year;

Kuipers
Whing
Elphick
Richards
El-Abd
Cox
Robinson
Fraser
Thomson
Murray
Forster

New recruits;
Hawkins (from division above)
Virgo (from division above)
Livermore (from division above)

Plus general squad players and loans.

How can people argue this squad is shit. I look at that and think it is underperforming.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Kuipers
Whing
Elphick
Richards
El-Abd
Cox
Robinson
Fraser
Thomson
Murray
Forster

New recruits;

How can people argue this squad is shit. I look at that and think it is underperforming.

Absolutely right.

And you ommitted McLeod [also from the division above]

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Kuipers
Whing
Elphick
Richards
El-Abd
Cox
Robinson
Fraser
Thomson
Murray
Forster

New recruits;

Spot on. The squad is there it just needs to have the motivation and awareness to become a team. Surely that's up to MA?

Spot on. The squad is there it just needs to have the motivation and awareness to become a team. Surely that's up to MA?

Don't the players have a role in all of this doom and gloom? Surely, as 'professionals' doing a job that most of us would have loved to do, they should have some self-motivation? In my job if I don't do what I have to do I don't get paid so every day I need to motivate myself. Time the players did the same. If they can't motivate themselves doing the job they love then they have no right to call themselves professionals-that needs to come from within, not from a manager.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So last year we finished one place outside the play-offs with a BELOW average squad. We must have had a great manager to achieve that. Shame he left, really.

One place, but many points.

Yes, I still say a very average squad (not including current loanees), and the results to date prove that.

Maybe there is potential in there, but Adams permanent signings have done nothing to build on last seasons efforts.

Virgo: Why?
McLeod: Injured or sick
Livermore: Only just starting to show glimpses of form
Richards: I would argue that overall he has regressed since last season

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Don't the players have a role in all of this doom and gloom? Surely, as 'professionals' doing a job that most of us would have loved to do, they should have some self-motivation? In my job if I don't do what I have to do I don't get paid so every day I need to motivate myself. Time the players did the same. If they can't motivate themselves doing the job they love then they have no right to call themselves professionals-that needs to come from within, not from a manager.

Spot.on.

The manager can only put out what he has at his disposal.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Half you lot started to slate me for this last week, but lets be honest, if we open our eyes we can all see it coming. I like MA but he's no bloody good as our manager now. The sooner he goes the sooner we can gather enough points for safety and effectively write a season off that many of us had high hopes for. It's only a matter of time until his loyalist fans turn, just how many more games until enough is enough? We'll be firmly rooted into a relegation place by christmas. This is shit, i've had enough.
Is it the case that we don't want to pay him off? Can he still turn it around? Well if he's still here in the new year i bloody well hope so, but personally can't see it. We are more and more buggered with every passing match.

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
Despite us being in some peoples opinion the worst team is football history we have actually only lost the same number of games as Leeds and MK Dons.

We are poor at the moment and it can only get better but relegation material we are not. A bit if perspective is needed I think

The Question Is When Will It I See No Signs!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Just as i said we are f***ed.
See you away at Barnet next season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here