Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm p***ed off with this now!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
This is shit. If you gave my mum the team i dare say she'd keep them up this season.
My old man was at Carlisle and he said it was no better than the team Steve Gritt took over to save at Hereford but with less passion.
With the squad of players we have this simply isn't good enough, I understand many of you having a certain loyalty to MA, and i hereby would like to thank him for what he has done for the club in the past but it's time for him to do the honerable thing and leave before he takes the club i love down into league 2.
I'm sorry if this seems a little negative, it is! And to any of you out there that don't feel this passionately are dumb****s.
Adams out now or i'll see you away at Morecambe, Dagenham and Barnet next season, fun, can't wait.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Despite us being in some peoples opinion the worst team is football history we have actually only lost the same number of games as Leeds and MK Dons.

We are poor at the moment and it can only get better but relegation material we are not. A bit if perspective is needed I think

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just for a pleasant change Brighton are inconsistent.

Beating Man City, slaughtering Milwall, taking out form teams like Leicester and rolling over for Carlisle and against 9 men in other games.

It is frustrating, but it's not reading like relegation to me. Last few league games: Won 2 (at home), Drawn 2 (one home, one away), Lost 2 (both away). That's not relegation form. It's mid-table form if you can't find consistency.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Despite us being in some peoples opinion the worst team is football history we have actually only lost the same number of games as Leeds and MK Dons.

A bit if perspective is needed I think

Okay then - just to add PERSPECTIVE to your stat;

We've WON the same number as Swindon, and less than Carlisle and Huddersfield......

...all three of whom have sacked their managers.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
We finished seventh last season with what looked like a much lesser squad.
My old man has been watching the Albion for 50+ years, so when he says to me that what he saw last saturday was the worst looking albion side he could remember seeing, that doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm. He said our goal was a deflected free kick and they should have scored at least 5 past us. (He is also a MA fan, but now thinks he needs to go.) Can i also point out that Carlisle hadn't won in something like 12 and hadn't scored in 5!
We can't keep a clean sheet and we can't hold onto a lead.
I've only seen three away matches this season due to work commitments, away at Crewe we were very good, the other three we were shite and very lucky not to get hammered.
Unless something drastic changes we are going down.
If you lot are happy with the teams position and current style/effort of play then i pity you, we are better than this!

(sorry about spelling etc, i'm still half asleep.)

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
This is shit. If you gave my mum the team i dare say she'd keep them up this season.
My old man was at Carlisle and he said it was no better than the team Steve Gritt took over to save at Hereford but with less passion.
With the squad of players we have this simply isn't good enough.

Our current league form (past 5 games) is 3 wins, 1 draw & 1 loss.

So our team is no better than Steve Gritt's, but with the squad of players we have this simply isn't good enough? So do we have a good squad or a shit squad?!?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I've only seen three away matches this season due to work commitments, away at Crewe we were very good, the other three we were shite and very lucky not to get hammered.

So you've seen 3 matches, 3 of which were shit, one was good?!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just to be picky O Lads, last six games:

0-0 Hereford
0-0 Peterborough
0-1 Hartlepool
3-2 Leicester
4-1 Milwall
1-3 Carlisle

2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats.

Lizard - don't think anyone is saying they are happy with this, but I am saying it's not relegation form.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
So you've seen 3 matches, 3 of which were shit, one was good?!

Sorry, i'm not awake, i've seen four away, 3 league, 1 jpt. Crewe was good the others not.

The squad is decent, we have the talent there but they are not playing like a team, players playing out of position and poor tactics, it suprises me, i was the first to be excited at the prospect of having MA back after what he did for us last time, i even put a few quid on us going up. (like a fool.)

I've been hoping that MA could turn this around, (i still do) but how long do we give him? If we got rid now (Which i know we won't) and got in someone else to turn it around, i'm confident we could make the playoffs. Sticking with him i think it may turn out to be a long hard season and i'm wondering with the way things are if the team has enough fight should they need it come the last few matches.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Sorry, i'm not awake, i've seen four away, 3 league, 1 jpt. Crewe was good the others not.

The squad is decent, we have the talent there but they are not playing like a team, players playing out of position and poor tactics, it suprises me, i was the first to be excited at the prospect of having MA back after what he did for us last time, i even put a few quid on us going up. (like a fool.)

I've been hoping that MA could turn this around, (i still do) but how long do we give him? If we got rid now (Which i know we won't) and got in someone else to turn it around, i'm confident we could make the playoffs. Sticking with him i think it may turn out to be a long hard season and i'm wondering with the way things are if the team has enough fight should they need it come the last few matches.

So getting someone else in, whoever that might be, will get us in the play-offs?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Okay then - just to add PERSPECTIVE to your stat;

We've WON the same number as Swindon, and less than Carlisle and Huddersfield......

...all three of whom have sacked their managers.

so we should ?

Two wrongs never make a right.

That isn't what I said, is it?

I was just balancing the other poster's silly stat which was meant to illustrate that we are doing okay, with another stat that we're actually doing as well as three clubs who's owners clearly disagree.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
The bed has been made by the board and we must all lie in it and support the team/club as bext we can. Chopping and changing managers will be a further backward step.

I just wish Adams would be more forthright and open in his selections and tactics and indeed hold his hands up to say he got them wrong.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
So getting someone else in, whoever that might be, will get us in the play-offs?

I'm not saying that. But i can't see MA doing it this season. If we could get a half decent manager then we still have half a chance.

10 years ago we'd have killed for a, Murrey, Forster, Cox, Livermore, Elphick, Mcleod etc. So i just can't see why half the time we look like a sunday league outfit.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I'm not saying that. But i can't see MA doing it this season. If we could get a half decent manager then we still have half a chance.

10 years ago we'd have killed for a, Murrey, Forster, Cox, Livermore, Elphick, Mcleod etc. So i just can't see why half the time we look like a sunday league outfit.

Ten years ago I would have killed to be in this division!

Who is a half-decent manager? There is no guarantee that ANY manager would get us into the play-offs. There are some who take it for granted that DW would have got us there, which is crazy - there are NO guarantees. (Personally I think we would have done very well to even get near last season's position).

An new manager now might change things - for better or worse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here