Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm not a STH......

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
......but after seeing & hearing some of our support up at WHL today I think the allocation was all wrong. There were people there today that haven't been for 20 years. How did this happen?
I know for a fact a couple of people that bought as many as they could & touted their tickets for a min of £50.

W A N K E R S !

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Know what you mean. There was bloke there today, (friend of a friend, of a friend.) Had his cup final '83 scarf on. 83 was the last time he saw the Albion...........oh yeah, by the way, he's a Spurs fan! WTF! :angry:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
I don't see how having a season ticket entitles you to anything but first offer on home cup ties.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sounds pretty good, but there'd probably still be whining about STH rubbish.

An away game should be at least the same amount of points as a home.

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
How do exeter get 10,000 ticks for Old trafford...?

Taking into consideration the size of old trafford....it's
outrageous.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
essbee said:
How do exeter get 10,000 ticks for Old trafford...?

Taking into consideration the size of old trafford....it's
outrageous.

68,190 * 15% = 10,228 (they took 9,000)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Spurs have planning permission to increase the capacity to 50,000 but won't until the government agree to make the transport links better.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There were people around me who quite clearly weren't regulars but at the end of the day they came to support Brighton and regular or not, I hope they enjoyed the game and come to watch us more often.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
smudge said:
......but after seeing & hearing some of our support up at WHL today I think the allocation was all wrong. There were people there today that haven't been for 20 years. How did this happen?
I know for a fact a couple of people that bought as many as they could & touted their tickets for a min of £50.

W A N K E R S !

If you have any evidence of this then you should report them.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
There were clearly loads of people there only because it was a big game.

fatboy said:
There were clearly loads of people there only because it was a big game.

No shit Sherlock! :jester:

If you didn't have fans like that, the attendance would be the same every single week. How are you planning on filling 22000 at Falmer with the 5000 hardcore? Exeter get 3500 at home and took 9000. Should only the 3500 have gone and ban the others because they only went to a "big game".

For Christ sake - GIVE IT UP! It is over. Done. Gone. In an ideal world, the most worthy would have gone. It is not an ideal world. We are a club with very limited resources in the ticket office. The cost of bringing in a loyalty scheme for West Ham, Rotherham and the chance of a big cup game would far outweigh the benefits. We are potless. End of.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
RoyalAli said:
It seems that you have a lot of problems with ticket allocation at Brighton.
Why not use a similar scheme to Reading, where you collect loyalty points from each game?
As it stands, buying a member card gets you 10 points, attending a home game gets you 5, and attending an away game gets you 2. Selected games (usually cup) get you 10 points. Buying a season ticket gets you 25 points, plus 5 points per game, as the season progresses.
When it comes to certain games with high demand, then members with the most loyalty points get first refusal.
If we beat Swansea and get a big draw for the next round, then the system will come into effect to allocate tickets.
If somebody put this across to your ticket office, then perhaps they could implement it in time for next year?
I can't think of a better way to allocate tickets..

That would mean the club binning the 1987 Amstrad computer, that has served us so well and buying a new system. Every spare penny is going on Falmer, so we're gonna have to live with the system (or lack of ) that's in place at the moment for a while longer

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here