Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm never this lucky!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I just received a fantastic email from British Gas. It's great that they've got people working on these things so late at night....

Refund Notification

After the last annual calculation of your gas and electricity activity, we have determined that you are eligible to receive a refund of 732.80 GBP. Please submit the refund request and allow us 5-7 days in order to process it.

Please fax the following 3 documents in order to have us process your request.

- Provide a legible,colour,digital photograph or scan the both sides of your government-issued ID (e.g driver`s permit or passport).

- Name and Address

- Town/City, County and Postal code

- Driver's license number

Please send us the documents by fax at : +44 1173150456

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response.
----------------------------------------------------------------
® British Gas 2011. All rights reserved.

Shall I invest my windfall in a season ticket for next year?

The only problem is that I can't fax in colour :ohmy:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Take the refund. I expect you've also won a holiday to the Seychelles. And an inheritance. And the Spanish lottery. All you'll need to do is provide your bank account details.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Obviously a scam, but just seeing 'licence' spelt incorrectly as 'license' 100% guarantees it's not officially from British Gas.

Drivers "permit" was also a giveaway.

Not a bad effort, on the whole, though. I forgot to check the headers before deleting it, but the email address ID'd itself quite convincingly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Obviously a scam, but just seeing 'licence' spelt incorrectly as 'license' 100% guarantees it's not officially from British Gas.

Always amazes me that they never invest in the services of an intelligent crooked proof-reader for these things before they send them out. They always just have a fair stab at the language and hope for the best :lol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Im gonna fax them a scan of my butthole.

"Insert refund here" :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Does it? Not judging from the standard of English in some of the letters that I've had from British Gas.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's encouraging to know that it's not just you guys who are the lucky recipients of such good fortune. The Lord certainly does work in mysterious ways...

Hello , My name is Mrs. Mellisa Lewis, I am 59 years old and I was diagnosed for cancer for about 2 years ago.

Am sorry to contact you in this manner but please bear in mind that i find your contact in international directories with World Health Organization.I will be going in for an operation later today.

I decided to WILL/DONATE the sum of $5.2 Million Usd to you for the good work of the Lord.

Contact my lawyer with this email: Name: Barr. Jay MchenryEmail: ( jay.mchenry20@lawyer.com )Tel: ( +233271381472 )

Contact him and inform him about the WILLED $5.2 Million Usd in your name by quoting my personal reference number JJ/MMS/953/5015/GWRL/316US/UK. As soon as you contact him with this details quoted above,he should be able to recognize you and help in claiming this amount from my Bank.

Be informed also that I have paid for the state tax on this money to be transferred to you. Meanwhile you are advised to keep this mail and it contents confidential as i really want my wish accomplish at the end of the day.

Please do pray to God for my recovery.

God Bless you.

Regards,Mrs.Mellisa Lewis

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
"Or scan the both sides".

Fail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here