Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm liking the new 'Bloom era'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How is it for you?

Whilst I will always be grateful to Dick Knight for what he did, the club did seem a bit 'cottage industry' under his stewardship.

Under Bloom we seem a lot more professional. The stadium is actually being built, the ticketing has come on leaps and bounds, we have new shirts in the shop before the season starts in a variety of sizes not prefixed with 'XXX' and we even have a foreign manager. And let's face it, we all know they are winners.

I do miss little quirks like putting my cup ticket application in a dust bin in a dark corner outside Withers but we do have to move on.

Here's to Mr Bloom and the next chapter in our wonderful history.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and he has pots of cash and is called THE LIZARD! He has a solid gold lizard which he rests on his poker cards. Now that is class.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And the fact that the chronies are now out on a limb.

Dick Knight's tenure was the most important and needed in BHAFC history. Fact.
The archer and bellotti era was the worst. Facked.

What do you say to the guy who ran the relay event three times further than he was supposed to, beyond exhaustion and on his knees without the end in sight, then handed the vital baton to another athlete who could take it down the home stretch feeling fit as a fiddle?

DK should get a proper salute on the day that Falmer Stad opens for our first match there.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
For a cottage industry, two divisional championships - twice as many as achieved in the entire one hundred year history befor Dick Knight took over - a play off final victory, a return to our home town (sorry, city) and a successful planning application for a state of the art modern stadium are pretty bloody impressive achievements.

And, quite frankly, if a measure of success for a football club is whether replica kit for is in the club shop before the season starts, then I am a Dutchman (and not a former Dutch marine). I am sure Liverpool are delighted they got their club branded beach balls in the club shop in time.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dick Knight's tenure was the most important and needed in BHAFC history. Fact.
The archer and bellotti era was the worst. Facked.

What do you say to the guy who ran the relay event three times further than he was supposed to, beyond exhaustion and on his knees without the end in sight, then handed the vital baton to another athlete who could take it down the home stretch feeling fit as a fiddle?

DK should get a proper salute on the day that Falmer Stad opens for our first match there.

He's had umpteen proper salutes. Lord knows he was orchestrating them on an almost weekly basis at one point at home games.

Eternally grateful for saving the Albion when he did but just as grateful to Bloom for saving the Albion from DK's failure over Falmer funding. And also very grateful, as HT says that the club has moved away from being run like some village school PTA group.

Onwards and upwards

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He's had umpteen proper salutes. Lord knows he was orchestrating them on an almost weekly basis at one point at home games.

Eternally grateful for saving the Albion when he did but just as grateful to Bloom for saving the Albion from DK's failure over Falmer funding. And also very grateful, as HT says that the club has moved away from being run like some village school PTA group.

Onwards and upwards

What he said! :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Onwards and upwards

spot on sir :clap: :clap: :clap:

i cant believe bloom hasn't been on the pitch yet, making speeches, waving at the crowds and kissing babies. he deserves to be after the amount of money he has shelled out to ensure this club doesn't go out of business

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I saw Dick Knight yesterday in Tesco.

He was buying Italian ready meals. :smile:

There is a credit crunch on after all.

Actually I wonder where Tony Bloom took SALAD to inform him of his sacking? Anyone know?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All we heard for months on end is how we shouldn't worry about where the funding was coming from.

Then the economy collapsed and there was still not a peep from the board about how the stadium was being funded. Just as well Tony Bloom stumped up really, because Knight's legendary status may well have been severely compromised if he hadn't. Does anyone seriously believe we'd have a stadium if it wasn't for Bloom?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
incidentally, what would have been the reaction had bloom not stepped in to fund falmer? knight and perry stated over and over again the funding was in place and there would be no problems with it. how exactly would they have got out of a pretty big hole whereby they would have had to turn around and basically admit we couldn't actually afford the stadium?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
incidentally, what would have been the reaction had bloom not stepped in to fund falmer? knight and perry stated over and over again the funding was in place and there would be no problems with it. how exactly would they have got out of a pretty big hole whereby they would have had to turn around and basically admit we couldn't actually afford the stadium?
I appear to have beaten you by a minute. And we're both right, aren't we.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Does anyone seriously believe we'd have a stadium if it wasn't for Bloom?

im sure there are people who do - these people, however, also have their heads so far up dick knights bottom that they can see the light from when he opens his mouth

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
All we heard for months on end is how we shouldn't worry about where the funding was coming from.

Then the economy collapsed and there was still not a peep from the board about how the stadium was being funded. Just as well Tony Bloom stumped up really, because Knight's legendary status may well have been severely compromised if he hadn't. Does anyone seriously believe we'd have a stadium if it wasn't for Bloom?

I doubt we would even have a Club if it was not for TB. All that debt and Withdean forever?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here