Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm in the "acknowledgements" of a book

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
... written by some bloke I met in a pub in the Lake District... once... and who got talking to me about the Albion!

It's called "Ward's Soccerpedia" and it's about crazy interpretations of the laws of football down the years. A follow-up a "Football's strangest matches" and a worthy bog read.

It's by Andrew Ward and published by Robson Books :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lots of stuff about the abandonments/protests/shenanigans at the Goldstone between 1995 and 1997. Haven't had a chance to read it properly yet as it's only just arrived in the post.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Were you on Holiday up there and just got talking to this bloke in a pub? I have had many a beery convo in pubs up and down this great land, but I have yet to have my utterances recorded for posterity thank Christ!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
So am I

Book on the Ashes Tour of 1994/95, One Summer Every Summer by Gideon Haigh! Used to write for my magazine Johnny Miller 96 Not Out, so did I for that matter! He's gone on to better things, I work in Welsh sport...though leaving next month!

Hope for better things on the pitch this winter...England and the Albion!

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I've got that, it's a great book. JM96* was a top mag as well. It was quite good when it became "Inside Edge" for a bit, but I must have been the only subscriber...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I see your 'acknowledged in the back of a book', and I'll raise you an 'acknowledged in the back of one book, and actually interviewed for another'.

:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here