advice?

1 never eat yellow snow
2 don't wipe your bum with a broken bottle
now you tell me :blush:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Are you taking your own car or going by train?

crispys

Oct 19, 2004
Im taking the car, would just like to know if theres anymore to the place than just hypermarkets and pissed English blokes ?

Braders7 said:
now you tell me :blush:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Go to Dieppe. Much much much nicer. Took Mrs Pasty last year for a wekkend treat. Nice yet cheap hotel on seafront about £40 per room per night. Excellent saturday morning market, hypermarket saturday afternoon. Plenty of nice restaurants to choose from, and a stroll up to the castle on Sunday morning.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
As above. Le Touquet is very nice, or Boulogne has an old town around a cathedral with some nice bars and restaurants .

Snowy said:
Drive down to Le Touquet and stay there. It's much better!

Sound advice. Also the town of St Omer, around 20 minutes drive from Calais is a better bet than staying in the town itself. If you're stocking up with beer n wine, then Tesco's in the Citieurope complex or "Frangalais" which is south of the motorway near the hole of the tunnel are always good value. Sure With Tesco you'll pay slightly extra, but you'll rarely get anything dodgy and Frangalais, you can taste every single wine they sell. "Eastenders" is full of coachparties and some of their cheaper stuff is well dodgy. You could use it as wallpaper stripper!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Montreuil Sur Mer, which in spite of the name is inland near Le Touquet, is a picturesque little town with nice cafes and restaurants and some interesting old buildings. About 45 mins to 1 hour from the Shuttle.

Le Touquet is worth a visit, although I have only ever stayed there in the Summer. Tends to be a bit pricey though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There's a place called Cap Gris Nez, halfway between Callaisand Boulogne on the coastal road, fantastic restaurant called La Sirene, well worth a dinner there, specially if you like seafood.

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
If you are booze cruising buy everything on Saturday. Believe it or not all the hypermarkets and booze shops are shut on Sunday.
Got caught out by that a few weeks ago.:dunce:
Also agree Boulogne is much better town all round.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
or be adventurous and try Lille, its only about 45 mins from Calais and a quality place if you want to impress the missus....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Superphil said:
There's a place called Cap Gris Nez, halfway between Callaisand Boulogne on the coastal road, fantastic restaurant called La Sirene, well worth a dinner there, specially if you like seafood.

I was going to recommend that as well. We stayed in a lovely farmhouse about half a mile from there. B & B for £22 (that's per room)

Forget the Tescos and Carrefours for booze. At junction 11 on the A26 there is a warehouse Monsieur Pidout. He is much cheaper. Head towards the Ferry port and then at junction 11 exit and take the right turning and then right again.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What are you bringing us all back?:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here