Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to be cured!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Thank you Lightweight George !

After more than half my life suffering from the ravages of type one diabetes and associated problems that have seen FIVE different medical examinations consign me to permanent disability benefit,I feel I will soon be declared fit to work again.

Oh,Praise the Mighty Alliance !!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't see the problem with this move. There are bound to be a large amount of people that are able to work, but hide behind a disability and rely on the state to pay for their upkeep.

I wouldn't panic just yet.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I don't see the problem with this move. There are bound to be a large amount of people that are able to work, but hide behind a disability and rely on the state to pay for their upkeep.

I wouldn't panic just yet.

Agreed.

No panic here.Looking forward to a reassessment in fact ,but it will be interesting if,twelve years into what amounts to a "scrappage fee" on people,I become fit again.

Will I get my old ,highly paid job back?

Thought not.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy

After more than half my life suffering from the ravages of type one diabetes and associated problems that have seen FIVE different medical examinations consign me to permanent disability benefit,I feel I will soon be declared fit to work again.

Oh great another work shy lazy sod who can now claim disability benefit.:angry:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh great another work shy lazy sod who can now claim disability benefit.:angry:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but WW is saying that he will have his genuine benefits stopped because of the change announced in the recent budget.

The last tory admininstration deliberately shoved thousand, if not millions, of people onto disability benefit in order to bring the unemployment figures down.
To their shame new labour did nothing about this, or many other things, and continued with the lie, but then they also lied about so much else so no-one should be surprised really,

The truth is there are hundreds of thousands on db who are perfectly capable of working. You may or may not be one of them but some of my neighbours CERTAINLY are.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm fairly sure that many years ago,when we had our first female PM,the unemployment figures were so bad that doctors wrote people off into sickness benefits to avoid them adding to the woeful unemployment numbers.

I think there are many folk who do get this benefit too easily,many who get it justly,and some who deserve even more support.

Losing this benefit will be unpleasant to me ,but only until my pension kicks in in a couple of years.

But I longingly look forward to an interview and medical where a different doc overturns the views of all those others,especially as I am in poorer nick now than when I was put in the dustbin of employment history.

Would I go back to work?

Yes,please.

But on many,many days I would be calling in sick.

It's a sod,really.

You

tedious

bore.

If you're genuinely disabled then you'll be fine.

You

excruciatingly

boring

dullard.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
WW,don't worry....if they can sort out the ones who really should not be on Disability Benefit,in due course,there may be more money for those genuine cases!
A skiving relative of mine is desperate to get on D.B.It seems to be his life's ambition....it's buggers like him who should be sorted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here