Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Fed Up With Everyone Being So Miserable

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Bad result today yes :down:

End of the world no :p

I know it's a cliched phrase when a team gets knocked out of the FA Cup but we can concentrate on the league now. As long as McGhee brings in a couple of players I think we will survive with relative ease :)

KEEP THE :censored: FAITH!!! :lolol:

Yep :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:salute: The the whingers

:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
We played very well today, just need a new left back and goal scorer then we would be mid table!!

gvce26 said:
We played very well today, just need a new left back and goal scorer then we would be mid table!!

I agree - microcosm of the season today, goal conceded down the left, countless chances not put away.

The big plus was the work of the two wingers, which gives us a real gameplan to attack sides.

steve-c

dick kinght's master plan, league survival,
championship by 2008 ? (i think)
falmer 2008
premiership - albion fans

i'm happy we are fighting for survival in the championship now ,
thanks dk & mm :drink: :drink: :drink:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
great so now we are losing confidence. playing well and losing? not really a recipe for success.

where have i heard too good to down before?

magoo out :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

pasty said:
Do you have a low level of expectation ?

No, just a realistic level of expectation - second-tier football, it's hard, we are not playing the likes of Orient and Chester like we were not so long ago.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
London Irish said:
No, just a realistic level of expectation - second-tier football, it's hard, we are not playing the likes of Orient and Chester like we were not so long ago.

Not quite what I meant. If someone thought we played very well today, that someone must have a low level of what they think is very well. Personally I thought were f***ing awful today. Our biggest threat to goal came from the left back ffs!!!

No passion, no heart, no soul, no nothing. For the last 30 minutes, I couldn't even get excited when we went forwad with the ball, because it was becoming blindingly obvious that unless Coventry were going to oblige us with an o.g. we were never going to score.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We need a quality forward - not sure where we will find one though :down:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
pasty said:
No passion, no heart, no soul, no nothing. For the last 30 minutes, I couldn't even get excited when we went forwad with the ball, because it was becoming blindingly obvious that unless Coventry were going to oblige us with an o.g. we were never going to score.

thats down to the coaching staff. oh yes it is.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
pasty said:
Not quite what I meant. If someone thought we played very well today, that someone must have a low level of what they think is very well. Personally I thought were f***ing awful today. Our biggest threat to goal came from the left back ffs!!!

Sorry but I thought we played well. Gave away a soft goal because Kerry keeps getting done for pace and kept missing chances because we haven't got a striker - but McGhee knows these are weaknesses. We had most of the play and created lots of opportunities - if you think that was a poor performance, then you obviously didn't go to Priestfield very often. :)

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
we are playing poorly, unco-ordinated, and lacking confidence. We cannot score, and look vunerable on the left. We have a weak midfield that cannot provide a service to the front players, and front players that cannot score. The manager seems to have some very odd ideas about substitions, eg today in bringing off a defender, and putting reid in place. I keep the faith but fear relegation...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
we will be after this season

Maybe we will, maybe we won't. But I do pity those who are not currently enjoying the rare privilege of seeing us play second-tier football. Perhaps people would be happier seeing us win more games in a lower league.

I'm very much enjoying the great fixtures we've had over the past 18 months - it's untypical of the Albion since the play-off failure of 1991.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gwylan said:
if you think that was a poor performance, then you obviously didn't go to Priestfield very often. :)

STH @ Priestfield, and yes, I agree, we were very poor back then.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Gwylan said:
Sorry but I thought we played well. Gave away a soft goal because Kerry keeps getting done for pace and kept missing chances because we haven't got a striker - but McGhee knows these are weaknesses. We had most of the play and created lots of opportunities - if you think that was a poor performance, then you obviously didn't go to Priestfield very often. :)

Exactly the conversation I had with a friend walking back from the match and something which we both agreed upon.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
skr80 said:
bringing off a defender, and putting reid in place.

I thought that one was too late, Coventry sat back for the last 15 minutes aqnd El-Abd had a lot of space to go forward, even at one point having a shot. However, his passing is not his strongest part of the game and quite a few times our forward play broke down because of it, Reidy is a bit more incisive with his passing so too me was an obvious substitution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here