Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I'm a huge Man United fan, so my idea of a good weekend is…

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Well they are always advertising VIP packages (where you could meet a MU legend no less..) on the radio.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're not from Manchester are you?
Quite. I'd also argue that getting a ticket at Albion is probably as hard as getting one for Man Utd right now.

And in any case:
a) there is *always* availability for cup matches in both cases against unattractive opposition. I think Man Utd had about 15,000 spare seats for the Crawley game.
b) Can you EVER imagine an Albion fan under ANY circumstances talking about a good weekend being to watch Albion ON TELLY. The same goes for a fan of any side apart from the usual 4 or 5 teams.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
[MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION], You are probably right, I don't really know their past history other than they have been going for the last ten years (the time I have known them) all we do is banter each other a lot over a couple of beers. I know they get to around 7/8 home matches a season. I'll ask them how they manage it next time I see them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
…watching my team in high definition" - Darren Campbell (former sprinter), in today's Shortlist.

What a KNOB.
I thought he was going to say:

"Going to the Amex, cos I can't get a ticket for manchester".....

What?

:jester:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
No I'm not, I didn't realise that was a requirement for watching United.

I'm not casting aspersions on your authenticity as a Man Utd fan, I'm just curious.

You might not know 'people like that' i.e. my chums from Manchester, but they assure me that being a homegrown fan at OT has lost it's allure. Not just with the influx of 'clueless divs' but the whole corporate adventure that changed exponentially from the Manchester United Football Club of their youth.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Also no one knows Campbell's weekend commitments. He may have to work in London over the weekend so travelling to manc may be impossible.

He works as an ambassador for Sky Sports 'living for sport' youth campaign so he is ALWAYS gonna fit a little bit of Sky promo in to an interview if he can.

Over reaction.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
if i was a manchester united fan i would go and see them play.

i live here, you can see how it works.

the reality is that the same people who moan about not being able to get tickets are the people who deep down aren't that bothered about their team, they'd rather go on holiday or buy a new car. more trafford centre than old trafford. it's a useful excuse.

On the other hand, there's those who have a family to feed and don't earn much (and there's plenty of them in Manchester), you can't begrudge them.

it's those that can afford it but believe the pseudo-elitist claptrap that there's a 500 year waiting list for season tickets that get my goat.

i've seen fathers and sons fly in from belfast on the morning of a game, they're not rich, they're just commited, and fair play to them.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The worst thing is that this is his idea of a good weekend. He's not talking about the reality of being able to get there or not, it's his idea of a good weekend, and it's watching it on telly. He may find, if he ever actually gets up there, that the definition in the stadium is as high as it gets.

And Superphil, an acquaintance of mine who used to hold three season tickets up there but no longer does now has the club ringing him trying to sell him tickets. And United never used to have to advertise any game anywhere, but now have to try to sell hospitality for Chelsea and Arsenal on the radio, FFS. So this huge club, followed by millions of 'loyal' 'fans' like poor Darren, desperate to get tickets, seem to be having to chase them down. Weird. :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here