Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ill voice on the phone.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
bhafc99 said:
The other cliche is to get your partner/flatmate etc to call in on your behalf. Hmm. Like you're so ill you can't even speak.

A 28 year old woman at my work had her mother phone in just after Christmas claiming her daughter had bronchitis and couldn't call or come to work. Good work, i thought. I asked on my colleagues return whether her mother was still alive. She croaked an affirmative, and i had to accept that no reported event be a lie or an impression.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Lokki 7 said:
You're just scared that Lee Amaitis will send his Mafiosi pals round to do you over if you skive off.

(Lee Amaitas, it should be pointed out is only ALLEDGEDLY involved with organised crime and I'm sure his criminal convictions for drug trafficking are in no way an indication of gangland connections. It should also be pointed out that he is a lovely man who does a lot of work of charidee, and is quite capable of finding my name and address should he so wish.)

:lolol:

Nice picture of the greasy sheister in todays telegraph regarding the $1B float of BGC.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
5 golden rules of sickies:

1 Phone in yourself
2 Don't apologise
3 Always take at least two days
4 The day before you know you are going to go back, tell your work that it is very unlikely you will be back tomorrow, then turn up.
5 If you are going to worry about it then don't bother doing it.

I had to go home from work one Thursday with stomach pains. When I called in on the Monday to say I wouldn't be in my colleague said 'oh we thought you just wanted a few days off work, sorry' after I explained I had been taken into hospital over the weekend and had my appendix removed on the Saturday morning.

Sometimes people are really ill you know.

I do scam it as well though. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here