Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'll be honest...

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Having read all 4 pages, it is clear to see many of the contributors to this thread really do need to "Man UP" and get a grip!!! keep the faith FFS!! we will win this play off semi final, just stay confident and positive and everything will be just fine!

Now just GET A GRIP!!!!

:) :thumbsup:

Yeah but we're Brighton and we don't generally do optimism, even though I keep going through our 1st team options and think we have so many more quality players than they do. Wish it was Friday night, about 10pm, so I know what we've got to do in the home leg. Either way, C'MON THE ALBION!!!!!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
here's how it will go tomorrow -

Palace will throw everything at us in the opening 20 minutes - there will be a couple of scares and the ball will be bouncing around the Albion goalmouth like a hot potato. Eventually we will weather the storm and the game will calm down with the Albion frustrating Palace by playing our possession stuff.

Then just on the half hour mark Orlandi will let a worldie go from 30 yards that screams into the top corner with the fat Argy rooted to the spot. A stunned silence around the ground and pandemonium in the Albion Arthur Wait. Palace are rocked by the goal and Albion take complete charge and on the stroke of half time Ulloa pounces on a loose ball to put us 2-0 up.

Relaxed drink at half time and the second half sees Palace resort to kicking tactics. Ten minutes in and Jeditwat elbows Ulloa and gets a straight red. Within 5 mins of him leaving the pitch another piece of tippy tappy magic sees the Eagles wide open again and Buckley taps in number three. The stands start to empty and in the dying seconds a manic Zaha chases back and upends sub LuaLua in the box and Spanish Dave sends the fat Argy the wrong way to make it 0-4.

Monday evening a stroll in the park with the Albion taking the piss and ease it 2-0 on the night.

"Now relax , wake up you're back in the room"

I'll have a drop of that :)

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
I've gone past confidence and shitting it and entered an almost zen like state of calm with the belief that fate is at work here and regardless of my emotional state what will be, will be. I suspect this period of calm will shatter into a million pieces at precisely 7.45pm tomorrow evening, at that point I will revert to a gibbering slack boweled mentalist frothing at mouth and shouting incoherently at my television. I may be in Millview by Monday.

This

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I'm still struggling to come to terms with, that after an entire season of 46 games, we have to play Palace in the play offs.

When you think of the clubs history over the years, if this goes well, Hollywood blockbuster!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I can get past the thought we will commit a heinous error and **** it up, like last time at Selhurst

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
whats to worry about? - its our time. We waited so long for the ground. We got it, we established ourselves and now its time. Believe it. The palace fixture is written just for us, with the home leg being last to show even more why its us who need to be going up out of the division, with our full house and great stadium.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Just got in from having a few drinks with another xpat. He is a palace fan. Normally he is full of it, when I asked him tonight what he thought the result tomorrow would be.... "I haven't actually seen them (palace) play much this season so I can't say" he is bricking it. Told him to wear his shirt tomorrow, I'm going to savour this moment!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Had a chat with uber-Palace fan Kevin Day this evening. We both agreed it's 50/50, but he reckons the pressure is off Palace as we're in the better form. It's strange but that almost sounds like an advantage to them. Nervy times.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Had a chat with uber-Palace fan Kevin Day this evening. We both agreed it's 50/50, but he reckons the pressure is off Palace as we're in the better form. It's strange but that almost sounds like an advantage to them. Nervy times.

I'm sure it's been discussed plenty in the past, but so many excellent comedians are Palace. As well as Kevin Day, there's Eddie Izzard, Mark Steel, Jo Brand, Sean Hughes...er...Ronnie Corbett. And lots of other folk that I admire lots (Mark Butcher off of the cricket, JimBob off of Carter USM). My twitter feed is full of people I like hoping that we get humped tomorrow.

So I'm hoping for two things:

1) My Twitter feed tomorrow night, and again on Monday night, is full of lots of my favourite Twitter people sounding thoroughly depressed;
2) I don't end up being blocked by lots of my favourite Twitter people for the gleeful messages I send their way on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

At the moment I'm quietly, fractionally confident. I know the play-offs are meant to be a lottery, and I know it's Palace; but man for man, and manager for manager, we're much better than they are. I wanted to get them in the semis because all the other candidates were better than they are, and despite the fact I'm absolutely cacking it, I still think that's true.

Another whisky I think. UTA!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kevin Day is a comedian???

D

Deleted member 18477

Put £500 on a Palace win tomorrow night. That'll calm you down.

20 notes on palace to win. Wish i could afford to lose 500 quid!

If that scummy team are going to win they're paying for my beer!

If brighton draw or win then ive paid 20 quid for a right result. Wont mind that one bit!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Sounds like some of you need to calm down and take inspiration from the wise words of Mr Chopper Reid!

NSFW

:albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

...I'm absolutely shitting myself now.

I feel so so so sick

Both of these to a degree; I can't sleep either but am putting all three down to yesterday's chemo. Why do I always seem to be dosed on the day of, or before, a Palace game?
Seriously though, if I didn't this crap circulating inside me I'd be in a worse state worrying about tonight, like most on here.
Hopefully, the weekend supply of Ondansetron and Loperamide (Imodium) etc should definitely see me fit for a celebratory visit to the Roost on Monday evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here