Ignasi Miquel

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
would be a fantastic signing I think. Came to Arsenal as a centre back but they seem to be converting him to left back so a loan to a club at a good standard where he will get regular games would suit everyone

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Must you reduce him to his physical appearance? The young man has worked hard and dedicated himself to learning a skill set, to grow as an individual and a rounded human being and you want to just assess him as a piece of meat? So shallow. We don't take to that kind of attitude around here. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to peruse the euro totty 2012 thread.

Last edited:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Anything from 6' up to my height (6'5") is run of the mill. Anything over 6'5" is tall. And anything below 6' is TINY :thumbsup: :D

I myself am 6' so I guess that explains why I think people like you are GARGANTUAN :thumbsup:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Cms, Vicente, young arsenal, Kaz, koo-stark .....splurt

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I've seen him play a bunch of times for Arsenal (on the telly), hes quite assured. Miquel is a different class from Hoyte. Miquel played a handful of games not just in the cups, but also in the league and champions league and did fine. Hes got Vermaelan, Koscielney, Mertesaker and Djourou ahead of him (I think we can discount Squilacci) and is also competing with Kyle Bartley for the up and coming spot so it makes sense to go out on loan.

Seems he can speak ok english also (this is a terrible segment idea ...)

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
I have no sources nor have i heard anything but i do have a feeling now that gus is back that we will sign at least one player this week.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have no sources nor have i heard anything but i do have a feeling now that gus is back that we will sign at least one player this week.

Agreed- things seem to happen when Gus is about.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Obviously there's a game to be played with any signing. As Gus says, things will happen nearer to the start of pre-season training, as we (and the players) want to be ready to go for then.

If we'd done the deal already, it would tell me that either the player wasn't very good or we're paying too much.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This player sounds very interesting / promising, and might explain why Gus was fairly laid back about not getting Mattock (I remain disappointed that he chose Thursday over us TBH)...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
If you think 6'4" is big wait and see if we get Sammy Ameobi - he was last listed at 6'5" but "still growing" - I reckon he is 6'6" at least and maybe even bigger

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
If I got it right I think you can have 4 players under 23 years of age and 4 over 23 (but only 2 from any one club). There is no differentiation between half season loans and full season loans except that with the latter there is the option of a recall during the January transfer window if the originating club wants the player back.

So you can have 8 loanees in theory and they could all be season long.

However, you can only include 5 loanees in a matchday squad (including subs).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i've never felt so ashamed.....

Uefa need to crack down on the heightists like you.

We live in a world where we should not be judged or discriminated against because of our vertical superiority.

It has no place in the game and it has no place in society.

I'm suggesting a 6k Vcash fine and a suspended NSC ban for any form of heightist language or provocation.

#LowerTheHeightists

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here