Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ifyouhatepalacestandup....NOW WITH PICS post No 155!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
yeah just an update i go into hospital on monday the 3rd for a triple bypass on tuesday, hope to be home by the sunday or monday following. Then about 6 weeks to recover from surgery so all well and good should be able to go to first game at home or maybe even get to go to hull (oh wow):O I am sure ladygull will keep you all informed as to how i am getting on and i will be back on the boards within a week i hope :thumbsup:
tom(tooting 2) will be in touch when i get home mate

Mate of mine had one this year - hurt like hell when the morphine wore off - out and about in 6 weeks and it took 12 weeks before he was fully up and running again but now fitter than he has been for years. Good luck with the op - it's going to be a great season so get ready to enjoy :thumbsup:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
All the best mate - thoughts and prayers for a full recovery and speedy return :albion:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
All the best to you, your username always makes me chuckle when I see it!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Sure you'll be fine bro - don't go eyeing up the nurses too much as it will put your blood pressure up!!! I have cleared my diary for next week so am on hand whenever and will look after mum - just take it easy and concentrate on getting fit - and getting back to the Amex ASAP!!!!! Xxxxx

tooting2

Mar 26, 2011
lancing
yeah just an update i go into hospital on monday the 3rd for a triple bypass on tuesday, hope to be home by the sunday or monday following. Then about 6 weeks to recover from surgery so all well and good should be able to go to first game at home or maybe even get to go to hull (oh wow):O I am sure ladygull will keep you all informed as to how i am getting on and i will be back on the boards within a week i hope :thumbsup:
tom(tooting 2) will be in touch when i get home mate

no worries mate am only along the road give us a shout anytime best wishes with op and to all the family

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just to add my best wishes. Although we have never met and probably won't either I thought I might cheer you up by telling you about my bypass op. Unlike you I had a quad, (well why settle for 3 when for the same price you can have 4!). However the good news is that I had mine over 21 years ago and therefore I think I can reassure you that they do actualy work. I would imagine in the last 21 years they have probably refined this a bit more than when I had it so I'm sure your be fine.

One other point is that unlike someone else who posted on this thread I can remember that I had very little discomfort afterwards, more like a feeling of a bad bruise, but within a few weeks that had gone and I also remember that I was up and about within a couple of days and home again in about a fortnight, (of all things I caught a mild infection in hospital which delayed my homecoming by about 3 or 4 days).

Lastly it does seem to take about 6 weeks to be fully up and about so I wouldn't rule out getting to the Amex pretty much at the start of the season.

Anyway, good luck next week. Your feel a 100 times better when its done believe me.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Just to add my best wishes. Although we have never met and probably won't either I thought I might cheer you up by telling you about my bypass op. Unlike you I had a quad, (well why settle for 3 when for the same price you can have 4!). However the good news is that I had mine over 21 years ago and therefore I think I can reassure you that they do actualy work. I would imagine in the last 21 years they have probably refined this a bit more than when I had it so I'm sure your be fine.

One other point is that unlike someone else who posted on this thread I can remember that I had very little discomfort afterwards, more like a feeling of a bad bruise, but within a few weeks that had gone and I also remember that I was up and about within a couple of days and home again in about a fortnight, (of all things I caught a mild infection in hospital which delayed my homecoming by about 3 or 4 days).

Lastly it does seem to take about 6 weeks to be fully up and about so I wouldn't rule out getting to the Amex pretty much at the start of the season.

Anyway, good luck next week. Your feel a 100 times better when its done believe me.

thanks mate cant say i a,m not anxious coz i am but the bit about making the start of the season is brill i am now the owner of a north stand season ticket so hope i will be able to buy you all a beer (just not all on the same week )

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex

This is reassuring - nice to hear this sort of thing - glad you are fit and well now - obviously we are all anxious but just want to get Tuesday out the way now and get him back up on his feet and at the Amex asap - and with the added incentive of him buying 28,000 a beer I reckon he will need to get back to work quick smart!!!!

Mine's a large glass of red wine bro - but you have bought me many over the years - think I will buy you the first pint at the Amex!!! xxxx

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
:Dcor that will make a change i hadn't realized you knew how to order drinks, never seen it before:rolleyes:
ps no way will i have to buy that many it will run out well before 28000

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You really need to find better ways to spend your summer! :thumbsup:

All the best mate, get yourself right for the numerous away trips for next season, [MENTION=18887]tooting2[/MENTION] too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here