Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you've thought of voting Lib Dem - just do it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That was my point about a percentage vote for each county.

i got that, but the top down approach would lead to unpopular representitives being forced on a local area, even from within the perfered party. theres also a problem with legitimacy of the PM if the party changes their leader. theres nothing wrong with the constituency model, if change is needed, somthing along the line of your percentage vote in local county/city sized constituencies is better, but still voting the locals perfered representitives to parliament.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Nope. It's an antiquated system that's got to go - and will, very soon.
Let's hope so although it won't if Cameron wins enough seats tonight, that's a real worry I have. I hope Labour win enough seats for them to deal with Clegg with electoral reform being at the top of a programme of real constitional reform.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Lib Dems = The new new labour.

Shambolic party run by a smarmy liar.

However, if you do a decent days work and have normal moral code that you live by, vote Conservative.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

X Factor politics has conned the young and impressionable, who dont have the intelligence or inclination to look at the policies.

At the weekend a 20 year old relative asked "what exactly is a hung parliament?". He is going to vote liberal as a result of the £10,000 tax threshold. Some people are easily fooled.

Dandyman

In London village.

However, if you do a decent days work and have normal moral code that you live by, vote Conservative.

:laugh:

So, did you have Shirley Porter, Jeffrey Archer, David Mellor, Tim Yeo, Alan Duncan, Neil Hamilton, Jonathan Aitken or Derek Conway in mind when you posted that?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Lib Dems have posters up all over my town saying, "Winning Here", which is pretty arrogant considering we're in a Lib / Tory marginal. Interesting someone has defaced one of the signs and changed it to "Winning if your illegal". Well its a cheap way to buy another 600,000 votes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem with our system is that where I live in Mid Sussex our MP is Nicholas Soames and I may wish to vote for Tory policies but be loathe to vote for him simalarly for people in the Lewes area who may wish to vote Lib Dem but not for Norman Baker.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So we have had the party political broadcast on NSC for Labour, Tories and Lib Dems.

Well done.

Thank god 2morow we can all go back to normal.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
:laugh:

So, did you have Shirley Porter, Jeffrey Archer, David Mellor, Tim Yeo, Alan Duncan, Neil Hamilton, Jonathan Aitken or Derek Conway in mind when you posted that?
No he probably had peter mandelson, hazel blears, geoff hoon, elliott morley, jacqui smith,stephen byers and patricia hewitt.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
As opposed to my objection to voting Lib Dem which is that the finally now retiring lib dem MP in my constituency was caught paying young men to crap on him and still refused to resign. Nice that he has spent the last five years representing me in the law making institution of the land - I am so proud.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't believe any party has the best person for all cabinet positions. What I'd like to see is a system in which we have two votes: one for local mp, one for PM. And then have a PM who can select from all elected MPs to form his cabinet, not just "his own party".

There are problems with this system, I admit. The queen has to invite an mp to be PM, a PM who's party isn't the majority may well be impotent in his role, etc.

Obviously there are kinks in my plan that need to be worked out. I don't claim it to be perfect.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just read that the Lib Dems are proposing in their manifesto to introduce an annual fitness test for police officers :ohmy:

The Conservatives, on the other hand, are planning to freeze public sector pay rises next year :ohmy:

See you later folks, I'm just off out for a run.

Dandyman

In London village.
No he probably had peter mandelson, hazel blears, geoff hoon, elliott morley, jacqui smith,stephen byers and patricia hewitt.

Which makes Neo Labour corrupt as well rather than the Tories clean.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
So we have had the party political broadcast on NSC for Labour, Tories and Lib Dems.

Well done.

Thank god 2morow we can all go back to normal.

I wouldn't bank on it. If we have a hung parliament it wouldn't surprise me if we have to have another election within 12 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here