Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you've thought of voting Lib Dem - just do it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Don't be put off by the arguments from the other parties or worries that a vote for the Lib Dems is a wasted vote. If you think it's the right thing to do, vote Lib Dem - no vote is ever a wasted vote.

Good luck to all the candiadtes today - and here's hoping for genuine change.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
They have my vote. I was against the war, so it was the logical way for me to go. I hope they change the bloody voting system so my vote, which is kinda wasted won't be next time.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Don't be put off by the arguments from the other parties or worries that a vote for the Lib Dems is a wasted vote. If you think it's the right thing to do, vote Lib Dem - no vote is ever a wasted vote.

Just remember you are not voting for a president. Given the number of local lib dem nutters, I suggest you check the candidate you are voting for carefully first

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

I agree but wouldn't restrict those comments to one party.

Not getting into a debate here, but everyone should vote for the party they genuinely believe has the best policies for the country, regardless of who you think will actually win in your consituency.

Listen to each party's policies, not to their slagging off of other parties or politicians, or to their gratuitious and often unfounded predictions of how bad the other parties will be. All parties are guilty of this and those comments should be ignored.

I do have a strong view on who I want to win the election, but in this context it's irrelevant. Vote for who you really believe will be best for the country; don't vote on prejudiced, superficial grounds. If everyone did that then I would readily accept defeat for 'my' party because I'd be comfortable in the knowledge that the country voted for the right reasons.

Some of the reasons I have heard, however, make my blood boil!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good advice Cheese Roll - there are lots of nutters who stand as candidates for all th eparties. I've been voting Liberal since the 80's - so mine isn't a Clegg vote. But in fairness, many people vote for a party because of pretty thin reasons (always have, like Mr X, Y or Z, hate the others, my Dad voted this way, The Sun told me to etc etc). There are worse things to do than just vote for a party with Nick Clegg as it's leader rather than the ones with Cameron or Brown.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Unfortunately I would like to support the party of my sitting MP, but I don't want to support her because she claimed, what I think, were excessive expenses.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I agree but wouldn't restrict those comments to one party.

Not getting into a debate here, but everyone should vote for the party they genuinely believe has the best policies for the country, regardless of who you think will actually win in your consituency.

Listen to each party's policies, not to their slagging off of other parties or politicians, or to their gratuitious and often unfounded predictions of how bad the other parties will be. All parties are guilty of this and those comments should be ignored.

I do have a strong view on who I want to win the election, but in this context it's irrelevant. Vote for who you really believe will be best for the country; don't vote on prejudiced, superficial grounds. If everyone did that then I would readily accept defeat for 'my' party because I'd be comfortable in the knowledge that the country voted for the right reasons.

Some of the reasons I have heard, however, make my blood boil!

pretty much agree mate. since i first voted about 35 years back, i have at some time given my vote to all three parties, voting solely on the issues of the time and who i thought best equipped. that once meant tory and my old man, bless him, was outraged!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Unfortunately I would like to support the party of my sitting MP, but I don't want to support her because she claimed, what I think, were excessive expenses.

Then go a write that across your voting form so that she knows! Better than not voting at all in my opinion. ???

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I've just told my mum she HAS to go and vote, people fought for the right to vote and yet some people show no interest and waste their votes. :wrong: Shame I can't vote. :tantrum:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Then go a write that across your voting form so that she knows! Better than not voting at all in my opinion. ???

That is the problem though, isn't it. The person you may want to represent you at a local level, may not be in the party you would like to govern.

I don't know how this would work, but I would like one vote for someone to represent me and my area, prefeably without party affiliations, and a second vote for who I want to run the country.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've just told my mum she HAS to go and vote, people fought for the right to vote and yet some people show no interest and waste their votes. :wrong: Shame I can't vote. :tantrum:

Good for you. Whoever you vote for, just make sure you do exercise your right.

Turnout is more important in this election than in any other as there is a genuine opportunity for us to move towards a system that enables all voters to have their votes count.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Would second that - worth noting that the spoiled papers are counted and comments noted. I think for anyone who opposed the war, wants a chancellor that understands economics and a voting system that will change this country's politics for the better, so that we never have tactical voting again, the Lib Dems have got to get the vote but agree that people should vote for whoever they believe in and not tactically. It depend what your priorities are. For example if defence was the biggest issue for me i'd probably vote Tory because i think they are being much more sensible than the lib dems on the issue.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep vote for an amnesty on all illegal immigrants thereby encouraging many many more to come.
Yep vote for an increase in house prices as a result of the lib dem policy of VAT on new homes
Yep vote for getting rid of our nucleur weapons that have ensured no war in Europe for nearly 70 years.
Yep vote for joining the Euro and increasing our already fragile economic problems by giving more money to failing European countries.

Look at the policies not the man.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yep, Liberal vote equals:

hung parliament

arguments in Government

loss of confidence by the World in the UK

a downgrading of the UK financial rating

high interest rates, more taxes, inflation, greater loss of jobs etc. etc.

Great shout.:thumbsup:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im in an office of 4, and the other 3 in the office are not going to vote ! Shocking.

Ive told them its there democratic duty to vote, and if they dont vote they can have no opinion on policy or what goes on as it were.

They said its there democratic right to choose not to vote.... sad i think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here