Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"if you're wondering what to get avram grant for christmas.........."

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My CEO is Sikh and my boss got him a secret santa pressie AND we all got emails from him wishing us a merry Christmas.

That's the thing about living in a pluralistic society. Celebrating different cultures. Good, innit?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yep. Pluralistic.

plu·ral·ism
n. 1. The condition of being multiple or plural.
2. a. A condition in which numerous distinct ethnic, religious, or cultural groups are present and tolerated within a society.
b. The belief that such a condition is desirable or socially beneficial.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
what was the answer to the original post?? I've been wracking my brains for weeks now what to get Avram.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
My CEO is Sikh and my boss got him a secret santa pressie AND we all got emails from him wishing us a merry Christmas.

That's the thing about living in a pluralistic society. Celebrating different cultures. Good, innit?

Of course, one of the tenets of Sikhism is the tolerance of other religions. As Guru Nanak said when he started the whole thing up: "There is no Hindu; there is no Muslim. All are human beings."

Yes, when people are open minded enough to embrace each other's spiritual beliefs and cultural differences, then it's great. Shutting off other people for race, religion or social traditions would be only a loss to the shutter-offer.

If a muslim, buddhist, hindu or who-ever, invites me into their home, I am interested to learn and enjoy the cultural experience they live. If I were to turn away from such an experience and welcome would certainly be a chance lost.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
what was the answer to the original post?? I've been wracking my brains for weeks now what to get Avram.

If I remember correctly, it was "anything in black".

Which is a shame because I got him something in blue and white from the Albion shop and now I'm going to have to take it back.

Quite right about the pluralism. During Ramadan, do all you can to be invited to one of the Iftar buffets that are held by Muslims once the sun's gone down. Fantastic events for family and friends. It will make you aware of the fact that, for the vast majority across the world of all religions, all people really want is a happy and peaceful life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here