Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were offered it...

Would you take a point at Charlton if you were offered it now

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I keep worrying that I'm asking for trouble by taking the piss out of Southampton. Lets hope that becomes a bit easier after this coming weekend.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Southampton, as a club and a set of supporters, seem to operate under the delusion that they are a Premiership club just "visiting" the lower leagues right now. They can't quite get their heads round the fact that despite the swanky stadium, big-talking boardroom and (of course) that famous "Southampton Style" they talk about, they are still sharing a division with Yeovil and Dagenham & Redbridge.

Its lovely to watch.

Indeed. I still remember laughing at the Southampton fan wearing a "just visiting" t-shirt for the first game after they were relegated from the Premiership. How delusional I thought. Turns out it was true, they were just visting the Championship afterall, my mistake.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We can win but Ill take a point. Im sticking to saying I would be happy with a play-off place this season (thought Im getting excited about more)

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
It would be a good point but looking at Charltons average form & the fact we're playing brilliantly away from home (other than 2nd half vs Tranmere) i can see us going home with 3

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
With the massive away support and the way we are playing, a away victory looks on the cards.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
It went from, 'we're going up as champions' to 'we need to get some loans in quickly' and 'we need to spend big in January' and then back to 'we're going up as champions' within the space of a week :laugh: . I reckon we'll tonk sants home and away this season :D

and we're the ones that are supposed to be dillusional. One victory over us last season (the first in god knows how many encounters) and you think it's gonna happen again. If your players think were gonna play as shit as we did last November, they are in for a nasty shock.

The fact is we have to get used to teams coming to SMS and playing very defensively. Early doors we couldnt break these teams down. Now we can. Albion deserved to win on Saturday but if the quality of the game is a reflection of 1st and 3rd in this division, then this division is SHOCKLINGLY awful and you can't blame Saints fans for thinking they will go up.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Cant wait for Lua Lua v Harding and Kitchenchef v Hammond!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
and we're the ones that are supposed to be dillusional.
You are.

Your fans think you're a massive club. On your site, they frequently compare Southampton with Sheff Wed (and Leeds, Sunderland and Man City) which always makes me laugh because Sheffield Wed are MILES bigger that your lot, let alone the others. :lolol:

And just today, someone on there said you were the Real Madrid of the division, and no-one else on there rushed to disagree with him. pmsl.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not much wrong with Harding, if you ask me.

Dean Hammond, on the other hand, is f***ing gash.

Overrated, ineffective defender with delusions of grandeur who couldnt tackle.

Lua Lua will rape him. Cant f***ing wait.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is from a guy who probably never saw them in an Albion shirt Simon...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not much wrong with Hammond, if you ask me.

Dan Harding, on the other hand, is f***ing gash.
Hammond is f***ing wank and goes completely missing far too often.

Harding was well regarded here until he got all billy big bollocks and is rated highly by most Southampton fans from what I hear.

This is from a guy who probably never saw them in an Albion shirt Simon...
Not actually true. If that was the case, I wouldn't comment on them would I.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Harding was well regarded here .

Not by me, he wasn't. He's never made a tackle in his LIFE. Leeds were well and truly mugged.

Harding is rated highly by most Southampton fans from what I hear.

Well quite. I thought we'd long since established that they are none too bright?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I remember people telling me that Seb Carole had Harding in TEARS when we drew 3-3 up there. Lua Lua will hopefully DESTROY him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here