Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were Gus right now..

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I'd enquire about Albert Adomah at Barnet.
Was supposed to be off to Blackpool but that hasn't happened. Could get him for £200k.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
for a million we could get way better than owusu and agogo. owusu would have cost nothing when we almost signed him after last season, and agogo has been released by zamalek in egypt i think - actually i think he was in dispute with them and they released him from his contract - plus isn't much good anyway.

simon cox went for 1.5m from swindon.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Am I missing something about Owusu?

No , no link with us, no speculation nothing but someones request , although it would be good .

Well , Poyet would need to get a move on .
Seems like Lloyd has a case of itchy feet .

Vidmar unfazed by Owusu trial - Football - Sportal Australia

Vidmar unfazed by Owusu trial
28/01/2010 4:05 PM
Marcus Wilson
Sportal
Related Links
Aurelio Vidmar on Lloyd Owusu's Chinese trial
Adelaide United coach Aurelio Vidmar has little interest in Lloyd Owusu's trial with a Chinese Super League club but admitted the striker may still be in the team's plans if he decided to return to Hindmarsh Stadium.

Owusu, who was named in the Reds' Asian Champions League squad, left for China on Sunday and is out to display his wares with Guangzhou this week.

Vidmar said he was happy enough to release the former Ghana international for a trial but was more focussed on his team's upcoming match against Wellington Phoenix than the striker's progress overseas.

"He's had a friendly game, that's all I know, he's played about 55-60 minutes so besides that I really don't know much," Vidmar said.

"I've had other things to worry about instead of worrying about how Lloyd's trial is going."

Vidmar said it wasn't ideal for Owusu to leave at this stage of the season but added the Reds could work around him during the upcoming ACL if he decided to make the move to China.

"We can change (the ACL squad) up to a week before the game against Pohang, we can make any changes we want," he said.

Vidmar was reluctant to elaborate on Owusu's future but his comments suggested he'd be back in the Red shirt if the Chinese trial was unsuccessful.

"Those discussions are between myself and Lloyd and once again they'll stay between myself and Lloyd unless he wants to divulge any information," he said.

"We know where we are at with him, he knows where he is at with us and we'll wait and see what happens. If nothing comes out of the trial then he's back here because he's got another year to go on his contract."

Owusu's absence along with the ongoing battle with injuries for Alemao, Cassio, Mark Rudan, Mark Birighitti and Paul Reid have dented United's chances of beating the Phoenix on Saturday night.

United have included National Youth League regulars Frankie Monterosso, Evan Kostopoulos and reserve goalkeeper Nick Munro for the trip to New Zealand.

"My hands have been tied in needing to bring in some young kids so we've done that but that's fine," Vidmar said.

"They are young, they are enthusiastic and I think it gives them a little bit of experience as well and Evan and Nick, they are part of the ACL squad anyway so it gives them a little bit of experience of what actually happens when we go away."

Vidmar said the team was keen to finish off the Hyundai A-League season with three strong performances after a frustrating year.

The third-year coach admitted even his approach this year could come under fire given the team's performance.

"You try to be as uncompromising as possible and sometimes you do lose your way a little bit. At some stages this year I probably deviated in areas I probably shouldn't have but we are back on track," he said.

"Although we haven't been getting the results, if you have a look at last week's game, 30 seconds into the game it (the goal) puts a knife into your heart."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here