Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were a Professional Footballer !...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hold some back for a good solicitor.

Just in case, seems to be the norm these days a trip to the courts, innocent or not.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'd go to the most expensive and well-stocked Food Hall I could find (Harrods or whatever) and spend a day browsing around, picking out all the nice delicacies and fine liquors I can't afford now. Then I'd buy a big stack of comic books, go home and spend an evening reading them whilst drinking something out of the bottle and partaking of fine Italian salamis drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Wild and crazy, I know :p :D

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'd ring up everyone I know and tell them I don't want to know them anymore.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
yeahh he's 17 .. quite a lucky lad if you ask me

Too much too young. It's not the footballers fault that they get anything between 10k-200k a week but the perils of having that sort of money are around everywhere; the hangers-on, internet gambling, drugs, WAGS that sell their stories to make money. There's dangers everywhere that can make lives not as happy as the average person with the average salary.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would pay a "man what does" to prepare and keep a buffet of the world's most exquisite food, plus a few of my less classy likings (Bobby's cheese puffs) going all day for me. I love to graze on food all day long at leat once a week.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A space rocket, sluts, drugs, more sluts, a space ship and some more sluts and drugs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would pay for the entire inhabitants of a Ghanese shanty town to move in next door to Bushy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

bigjon

Oct 12, 2003
bribe people so they didnt tell anyone that you pissed yourself at a football tournament.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'd go to the most expensive and well-stocked Food Hall I could find (Harrods or whatever) and spend a day browsing around, picking out all the nice delicacies and fine liquors I can't afford now. Then I'd buy a big stack of comic books, go home and spend an evening reading them whilst drinking something out of the bottle and partaking of fine Italian salamis drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Wild and crazy, I know :p :D

Well, presumably if you were a football player, you wouldn't be allowed to eat all that stuff. Also, as a footballer, reading a comic would be way out of your intellectual ballpark - unless it hadn't be coloured in yet, anyway.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Buy a mahoosive house and build the largest scalextric track in the world

I've always thought that If I had the money it would be amazing to build a life sized mario carts track or two on my palatial grounds.

Edit: I'd also buy a tank, a helicopter(and learn to fly it), a yacht, a submarine and a menagerie of sports cars.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At 17, I'd be cautious. I've known a few lads do YTS at premiership clubs, get injured or don't make the grade, then end up part time at Bognor or similar.

I'd start living the high life when I'm in and around a first time, playing regularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here