Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you want to spend 10 minutes with a dopey GRIN on your face, then watch THIS...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]fTLsb4V0RP0[/yt]

He really, really is marvellous isn't he ?
Outside of friends and family, I cannot recall feeling as much AFFECTION for another man. And if thats GAY then I just don't care.

Gus :bowdown:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Funny you should say that. After 3 minutes I noticed I had a dopey grin on my face!! Great find.:thumbsup:

Oh and one its not Lord Gus :bowdown:

Its :bowdown: Lord Gus. You must also bow before greatness, not after it:p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd bow wherever Gus told me to. Over a table, if necessary. Yep, I'd take one for the team.

B of F. Its a tour-de-FORCE of the Gus Radio in full swing, writing a full summary would take me till next Tuesday. Suffice to say, he's extremely proud of his team and his achievements, he's absolutely loving it at the Albion, he's here for the long term and doesn't want to leave unless "ees sometheeng unbelieffable" (ie Chelsea). He's ecstatic at leaving Withdean, and he's just....amazing.

I don't think I've ever seen a more engaging character than this chap. We are so, so lucky to have him here.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd bow wherever Gus told me to. Over a table, if necessary. Yep, I'd take one for the team.

B of F. Its a tour-de-FORCE of the Gus Radio in full swing, writing a full summary would take me till next Tuesday. Suffice to say, he's extremely proud of his team and his achievements, he's absolutely loving it at the Albion, he's here for the long term and doesn't want to leave unless "ees sometheeng unbelieffable" (ie Chelsea). He's ecstatic at leaving Withdean, and he's just....amazing.

I don't think I've ever seen a more engaging character than this chap. We are so, so lucky to have him here.

Wonderful, thank you.

There were/are mumblings from the outside world that we have paid too much for CMS. Gustavo stated that he was willing to stay if we keep on improving. CMS was, seemingly, his no. 1 target. The £2.5m transfer might seem a lot, but to placate our manager, £2.5m is peanuts. He is worth far more than that to us.

I don't know the ins and outs of the selection process, but we seem to have dogded a few bullets (Ince, Gannon etc). Never, before, have I loved a manager so much. He is the perfect man.

I agree wholeheartedly. We are lucky to have him here and I will suck it up.

Most of my friends are plastics or uninterested in football. They understand not what I feel for the man. Their loss.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Now what happens when a young manager like you, as soon as you become successful, and you're well known as a footballer, everybody will start talking about you...its nice and if a huge club came in, it would be wonderful...but at the same time, you haven't finished your job have you, at Brighton..?"

(what a GREAT question)

"I think there is two options eh, to be clear, to be honest. One is to get better all together. You know, the club, me, the players, we get better together and sooner or later, maybe in 3, 4, 5 years time we can achieve, you know, getting into the Premiership. I think that would be great, because that means that I'm still staying there, we're still playing MY football, I can stay and make the beeg decisions, I'm part of the Brighton history."

"The other way, if it doesn't work, because of me, because of the players, because of the opposition, whatever, then a player will go to a better team or the manager will go to a better team. So I'm relaxed, thas the bess theeng. I'm very happy there. If eets like, as you say, unless ees something that you cannot turn down, I'm gonna stay".

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a man. WHAT. A. MAN :love:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
[yt]fTLsb4V0RP0[/yt]

Outside of friends and family, I cannot recall feeling as much AFFECTION for another man. And if thats GAY then I just don't care.

Can't wait to get home and listen to it as it's blocked at work - I must say, even before listening to this, I am totally smitten with Gus and think we are so lucky to have him. I was fascinated by his answer to my question in the Q&A (and no that's not a look at me, well not much anyway) when he said he approached the club first for the job - talk about sensing the potential or what?
Total legend.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
[yt]fTLsb4V0RP0[/yt]

Why can I never see the video/Youtube clips that people post; I just get a blank box (above) where the picture or film clip should be?

Do I need to change some settings on my PC?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What a man. Such an enthusiastic, infectious character.

I laughed when he was asked about if he ever dusts off his boots and trains with the team, and he said he makes up the numbers on Sundays when the team that played have the day off, and it's a chance for the subs to kick the manager!

D

Deleted member 2719

What a great man he is and so likeable and i can see him being asked to do lot's of media work this season.

What is really great about him is he has managed to unite the whole club players and the fans.

Tony Bloom has to be praised yet again for delivering the goods.

Tony Bloom:bowdown: Gus Poyet:bowdown:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I had a dream last week that Gus had left us and gone to Sunderland... I woke up really upset and in a filthy mood all day.

Gus is an absolute legend and I have never felt so attached to a Brighton manager before.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Top man is our Gus

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He's brilliant, isn't he?

As has been said above, I really can't remember ever being so attached, for want of a better word, to an Albion manager. I've even got 'Poyet' on the back of my new home shirt! His whole personality and attitude is infectious, you can't help but smile when you hear him speak.

To make it even better, he's a bloody good manager as well, who has us playing better football than most will ever have seen and who (along with Tano and the coaching staff, to give credit where it's due) has brought about every bit as much of an on-pitch transformation to this club as Tony Bloom has an off-pitch one.

What a time to be an Albion fan.

My take on Gus is that he's easy to RELATE to.
He's not putting himself up with any "everyone must respect ME", any aloofness or any isolation.

He's as available to have banter with as a mate, he seems to have that cheerful side always there - and I imagine he's got to bang the fist on the table sometimes - but he's personable enough that you can trust that what you see is what you get, he's not going to have an untrustworthy side or mutter anything different after the elevator door shuts.
I believe he accepts personalities for what they are, rather than insist everyone conforms to meet with his - which is valuable for man management.
He's integral to the transition into the new stadium, and in that way we and he are cemented somewhat as a partnership - which is great.
Also important for us, is that his son is doing well in English football. Gus is a foreign manager, so having firm roots in this country keeps him from maybe feeling homesick or getting wanderlust.

Let's not forget Mauricio too, it would be good to hear from him sometimes. Maybe when the tv interviewers are crowding and Gus sneaks off for a winner's cigar :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here