Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you thought yesterdays Argus letter was bad !.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thw whole point of the Arsegas publishing these letters is to (a) highlight the stupidity and ignorance of some people and (b) to get people like us woud up enough to write back, so keeping interest in the paper, and circulation figures as high as possible.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
According to BRAD, the ad industry's bible on publications all over the country, the official ABC circulation for the Argus was an average (taking the variations between Saturdays and the rest of the week into account) of just 36,652 between Jan and July 2005, the last period for which I have figures.

The official given readership per copy (again from ABC, not the Argus) is 2.6, giving a total average issue readership of 95,304 between Jan and June 2005.

Just so everybody knows.... ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dick Knight. " Can we have a stadium at Falmer please?
Nimbies. "Only if you spend £3.3 million on inquiries!"
Dick Knight. "Done! Can we have it now?"
Nimbies. "No!, because you are skint".

???

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Re: Re: Re: Re: If you thought yesterdays Argus letter was bad !.

BarrelofFun said:
I will get onto that. Although I think they might be a little fed up of my Falmer rantings, trying to teach some of these cretins a lesson. They obviously don't read the replies as every single point has been answered! Silly old coots!

Before I do it, any suggestions?

since the Archer & Belotti regime came to an end.

Don't forget Stanley.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: If you thought yesterdays Argus letter was bad !.

BarrelofFun said:
I will get onto that. Although I think they might be a little fed up of my Falmer rantings, trying to teach some of these cretins a lesson. They obviously don't read the replies as every single point has been answered! Silly old coots!

Before I do it, any suggestions?

I thought your proposed reply was great... and don't worry about having to repeatedly "rant"... if they (Ar$egas) deem it OK to print the tosh at the top of this thread, then they should welcome your response with open arms... thank you...

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Uncle Spielberg said:
100 000 people buy the Argus and 250 000 read it every day.

Average circulation per issue for the period 4th July 2005 - 1st January 2006 was 35,169, according to the Audit Bureau of Circulations.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
dougdeep said:
Dick Knight. " Can we have a stadium at Falmer please?
Nimbies. "Only if you spend £3.3 million on inquiries!"
Dick Knight. "Done! Can we have it now?"
Nimbies. "No!, because you are skint".

???
Dougie, a brilliant synopsis. Send it as your letter to the Argus please.:clap:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Lewesian Seagull said:
Same letter in Sussex Express today!:censored: :( :censored:

Which kinda proves it's someone with an agenda, rather than just a passing member of the public wanting to chip in with their thoughts. Frankly.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/news_extra/LETTERS5.html

Letter: Seagulls will rise
In response to Robin McOuat (Letter's, June 20), I find it incredible there are still people who are so entirely misinformed on the matter of Brighton and Hove Albion's league performance.

It is a remarkable achievement that the team had returned to the second tier, not once but twice since the Archer, Stanley and Belotti regime came to an end.

The reason the Seagulls have finally slipped to the third tier yet again is we can't compete at this financial level until we have the stadium we deserve, which will increase our turnover fourfold or more.

The money raised for the stadium will not be short-term loans - that does not make good business sense.

Long-term loans which are sustainable are the only sensible and viable option. The board will not risk building a stadium if they fear it will not be completed.

By keeping the club afloat thus far, they have proved themselves to be shrewd businessmen and that will continue.

In fact, this is a good opportunity to applaud the work of Dick Knight, Martin Perry et al for keeping the club alive and providing many happy occasions for thousands of football fans - apart from the odd relegation, of course.

Losing the fight for the Falmer community stadium, however, could very well sign our death warrant.

We live in an area cocooned by the Downs and other planning applications are bound to be met with the same ferocity that Lewes District Council and Falmer Parish council have conjured up. There is only one site and that is Falmer.

One thing Mr McOuat is right about is that his statement is not a technically valid planning argument, Perhaps it is best to keep to speculation and leave the facts to the experts and those involved in the project.

-Paul Baron, Brighton

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lewesian Seagull said:
Same letter in Sussex Express today!:censored: :( :censored:

That one from Doug D'Sane put them right.

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
BarrelofFun said:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/news_extra/LETTERS5.html

Letter: Seagulls will rise
In response to Robin McOuat (Letter's, June 20), I find it incredible there are still people who are so entirely misinformed on the matter of Brighton and Hove Albion's league performance.

It is a remarkable achievement that the team had returned to the second tier, not once but twice since the Archer, Stanley and Belotti regime came to an end.

The reason the Seagulls have finally slipped to the third tier yet again is we can't compete at this financial level until we have the stadium we deserve, which will increase our turnover fourfold or more.

The money raised for the stadium will not be short-term loans - that does not make good business sense.

Long-term loans which are sustainable are the only sensible and viable option. The board will not risk building a stadium if they fear it will not be completed.

By keeping the club afloat thus far, they have proved themselves to be shrewd businessmen and that will continue.

In fact, this is a good opportunity to applaud the work of Dick Knight, Martin Perry et al for keeping the club alive and providing many happy occasions for thousands of football fans - apart from the odd relegation, of course.

Losing the fight for the Falmer community stadium, however, could very well sign our death warrant.

We live in an area cocooned by the Downs and other planning applications are bound to be met with the same ferocity that Lewes District Council and Falmer Parish council have conjured up. There is only one site and that is Falmer.

One thing Mr McOuat is right about is that his statement is not a technically valid planning argument, Perhaps it is best to keep to speculation and leave the facts to the experts and those involved in the project.

-Paul Baron, Brighton
Well done BoF. I read your bit at the end I found it quite comical.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
dougdeep said:
That one from Doug D'Sane put them right.

Are the Sussex Express ones available on line?

If so, does anyone have a link to save me searching? Lazy, I know, but pretty please. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here