Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you thought yesterdays Argus letter was bad !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
*DO NOT READ IF SUFFERING FROM HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, STRESS OR ANXIETY DISORDERS, HEART PROBLEMS*

Letter: One good reason
Despite having read most of the letters on the proposal to build a new stadium at Falmer, I have yet to see mentioned the one good argument against it.

a disastrous condition.

How, then, does the club justify embarking on a £50 million building project? I would think any pledges already made for financial backing are likely to be withdrawn now the club has dropped a division to what is effectively, ignoring names, the third-tier division with its prospect of greatly reduced income.

I cannot see any experienced financial manager risking his company's money on such a project.

If the club does fail and goes into liquidation, the problem is, with the stadium started, we could be left with a half-built eyesore which either has to be completed or demolished and the site restored at public expense. I don't know if this is a technically valid planning argument but it is a cogent one.

Falmer is not one.

-Robin McOuat, Lewes

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We went down to div 3 BECAUSE WE ARE AT WITHDEAN

you stupid old git :angry:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Look at that name. It has to be someone on a wind up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
:thud:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Alas its not a wind up

McOuat appears in Lewes under the search

www.192.com

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think that is a good point well made.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Given the Arsegas is a fictional tabloid paper with a circulation of approximately 27 . . . .who cares, it won't have any bearing on the actual facts or proceedings.

and of the 27 who buy it only 9 can actually read I reckon

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
100 000 people buy the Argus and 250 000 read it every day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Robin McOuat. It is a remarkable achievement that Brighton & Hove Albion had returned to the second tier, not once but twice since the Archer & Belotti regime came to an end. The reason why we finally succumbed to the third tier, yet again, is simply that we can’t compete at this financial level UNTIL we have the stadium that we deserve, which will increase our turnover fourfold or more.

The money raised for the Stadium will not be short term loans, that does not make good business sense and anyone could tell you that Mr McOuat. The Board will not risk building a stadium if they fear that it will not be completed. They have proved themselves to be shrewd businessmen to keep the club afloat thus far and that will continue. Losing our fight for the Falmer Community stadium, however could sign our death warrant and I would not be willing to risk that.

We live in an area cocooned by the Downs and other planning applications are bound to be met with the same ferocity that the LDC and Falmer Parish council have cooked up. There is only one site and that is the ‘Falmer’ site.

One thing you are right on , Mr McOuat, is that your statement is not a technically valid planning argument, so perhaps it is best to keep speculating and leave the facts to the experts and those involved in the project.

High regards,

BoF

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Sorry I'm a bit confused. Is he saying that the main argument against Falmer is the fact that we got relegated?
I'm not trying to be facetious. I'm really struggling to see what his point is.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The stupidity of these people just beggers belief.

f*** OFF MC OUAT

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Uncle Spielberg said:
100 000 people buy the Argus and 250 000 read it every day.

and thats probably their figures . . .

the population of Sussex is approximamtely 1.25 million,

so very roughly speaking less than 10% of people read the shitty little rag and I'd wager less than 10% of them bother reading the halfarsed letters page !

not having a go at you Gareth, I'm just trying to put the snivelling little shits that write these letters into some kind of realistic context.

theres probably more reasoned debate going on at the bottom of Falmer pond

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What morons like this fail to remember is what division we were playing in when the planning application went in.

We are currently one above that level.

At the time of the application, I doubt anyone expected ANY promotions until we got the stadium.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: If you thought yesterdays Argus letter was bad !.

BarrelofFun said:
Robin McOuat. It is a remarkable achievement that Brighton & Hove Albion had returned to the second tier, not once but twice since the Archer & Belotti regime came to an end. The reason why we finally succumbed to the third tier, yet again, is simply that we can’t compete at this financial level UNTIL we have the stadium that we deserve, which will increase our turnover fourfold or more.

The money raised for the Stadium will not be short term loans, that does not make good business sense and anyone could tell you that Mr McOuat. The Board will not risk building a stadium if they fear that it will not be completed. They have proved themselves to be shrewd businessmen to keep the club afloat thus far and that will continue. Losing our fight for the Falmer Community stadium, however could sign our death warrant and I would not be willing to risk that.

We live in an area cocooned by the Downs and other planning applications are bound to be met with the same ferocity that the LDC and Falmer Parish council have cooked up. There is only one site and that is the ‘Falmer’ site.

One thing you are right on , Mr McOuat, is that your statement is not a technically valid planning argument, so perhaps it is best to keep speculating and leave the facts to the experts and those involved in the project.

High regards,

BoF

Please send to Ar$egas if not done so already... thank you...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
zefarelly said:
and thats probably their figures . . .

the population of Sussex is approximamtely 1.25 million,

so very roughly speaking less than 10% of people read the shitty little rag and I'd wager less than 10% of them bother reading the halfarsed letters page !

not having a go at you Gareth, I'm just trying to put the snivelling little shits that write these letters into some kind of realistic context.

theres probably more reasoned debate going on at the bottom of Falmer pond

We need and currently have the full support of the Ar$egas... stop knocking it... just need to respond to this and similar letters, pointing out the errors they contain...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: If you thought yesterdays Argus letter was bad !.

B.W. said:
Please send to Ar$egas if not done so already... thank you...

I will get onto that. Although I think they might be a little fed up of my Falmer rantings, trying to teach some of these cretins a lesson. They obviously don't read the replies as every single point has been answered! Silly old coots!

Before I do it, any suggestions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here