Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you think Sunderland ticket prices are too high......

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
......please show your support by adding a comment against my 'ask the club' post headed League Cup prices vs. Championship prices. Below is a copy of the point I have made.

If fans in their numbers show the club that they have misjudged the supporters feelings about the pricing structure they may think again?

COPY OF OTHER POST

Please can you expand on your answer to a previous answer about the ticket prices for the Sunderland game.

You said the reducing of prices would be unfair on season ticket holder, but, all season ticket holders (bar 1901's) have to pay for any cup games so your reasoning is flawed.

I, like many, do feel that the club have made a huge error in the pricing for this game. For other comments on here it looks like many season ticket holder will not attend which will hit attendence. I cannot see non season ticket holders making up the numbers.

At best a crowd of around 12,000 will pay, surely it's best to sell out the ground with 20,000 fans cheering on the team at a lower price which would bring in similar gate receipts income (and more from food/drink etc).

It's not too late to reduce the prices and refund fans with a credit on their card.

I believe if prices were reduced to around £20-25 (depending on section) the game would sell out.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
......please show your support by adding a comment against my 'ask the club' post headed League Cup prices vs. Championship prices. Below is a copy of the point I have made.

If fans in their numbers show the club that they have misjudged the supporters feelings about the pricing structure they may think again?

COPY OF OTHER POST

Please can you expand on your answer to a previous answer about the ticket prices for the Sunderland game.

You said the reducing of prices would be unfair on season ticket holder, but, all season ticket holders (bar 1901's) have to pay for any cup games so your reasoning is flawed.

I, like many, do feel that the club have made a huge error in the pricing for this game. For other comments on here it looks like many season ticket holder will not attend which will hit attendence. I cannot see non season ticket holders making up the numbers.

At best a crowd of around 12,000 will pay, surely it's best to sell out the ground with 20,000 fans cheering on the team at a lower price which would bring in similar gate receipts income (and more from food/drink etc).

It's not too late to reduce the prices and refund fans with a credit on their card.

I believe if prices were reduced to around £20-25 (depending on section) the game would sell out.

if you dont like the price dont go, simples.
wont be stopping me from following my team ....
btw how do you expect us to sign good players if we have prices at like £10 for adult ???

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
if you dont like the price dont go, simples.
wont be stopping me from following my team ....
btw how do you expect us to sign good players if we have prices at like £10 for adult ???

Surely you would like to have a full house cheering on the team rather than it being half empty? Not sure where you get £10 price from as I suggested £20-25.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think the prices are what is to be expected now. The stadium's biggest advantage is CASH. Supporting the Albion has been getting more and more expensive (above inflation) and it is expensive. BUT, nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything. Sure, I think £50 for a one-off shirt is expensive, sure, I think £30 for a friendly is expensive, and sure, £25 for a cup nobody gave a sh*t about for 10 years is expensive, but again, if you don't like it, don't go.

I think its expensive for the Sunderland match but while I can afford it I'll be going to these matches.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
It was £30 for Pompey today in a shit ground and its £27 for Cardiff on wednesday.....thats just the price now for championship clubs!!! We're not cheap lower league anymore!!!!:D

I can afford to go (not gloating) but what I resent is paying nearly 50% more than I pay for a league match.

Faair enough, those prices could be Pay per match prices, but for STH's considering there is no post, no ticket and we can do all the work online, I don't think it's right to spend £9 extra and a £2 booking fee.

This does need to communicated to the club.

It was £30 for Pompey today in a shit ground and its £27 for Cardiff on wednesday.....thats just the price now for championship clubs!!! We're not cheap lower league anymore!!!!:D

Speak for yourself. £25 for an adult and Child. Exactly what I paid for the same at the Amex. For Sunderland I will need to pay £30 + £8 for the nipper and a £2 booking fee. They got it wrong.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
I bought mine today and have only just realised how much more than a league game it works out to be. Bit dissapointing but I'll still be going. The days of us charging small fee's for cup games like this are gone im afraid, comes with being a successful club & a business.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
personally I feel sorry for any STH who want to take there kids its not like its a quid a kid like what it was when I used to take my dopey son to the Goldstone.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007

This.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I support you with this. We dont always have to agree with the club, just because we have a new stadium. I think that this is a bit pricey so happy to share my views. Not moaning, just seeing if its something worth considering for them.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I really don't know why some people are making such a big fuss about this, the club has offerred tickets at a set price, you either;
a) but the ticket at that price and attend the match, or
b) decide the price is beyound you and don't go.
Simple really!

The same argument would apply in any other instance; if you walked into Pizza Hut and said "how much is a large deep-pan meat feast" and they said £15 you have a choice, pay £15 and eat one or think it's too expensive and not have one! You wouldn't start a debate with the management of Pizza Hut to try explaining your logic that if they charged only £12 for the pizza they'd sell more of them :facepalm:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Paid £14.50 to see Gills. So did 15 lads I know. NONE of them are going to this one according to facebook. Can only assume like me, if it's that price they'd rather see a league game or go away (lots of plans discussed about away trips). Ticket Price isn't that high percentage of the total when you consider travel from this area, plus food and drinks, plus maybe club shop but expect it has been a factor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here