Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you still hate Norman Whiteside Clap your hands

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Why, what did he ever do to you???

???

Classic goal in 85, though, you must admit, surely. . .?

:wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
SussexSpur said:
Why, what did he ever do to you???

???

Classic goal in 85, though, you must admit, surely. . .?

:wave:

1983 Cup Final at Wembley. Vicious tackle on Gary Stevens who had to be carried off.

We drew 2-2 that day and we could have won it if he hadn't gone in so dangerously and he didn't even get booked
:angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
chez said:
Yorkie, the tackle was actually on Chris Ramsey.

It's late and I'm tired. My memory is fading sorry :rolleyes:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Yorkie said:
1983 Cup Final at Wembley. Vicious tackle on Gary Stevens who had to be carried off.

We drew 2-2 that day and we could have won it if he hadn't gone in so dangerously and he didn't even get booked

In that case - sorry, too flippant.
Legend.

And not just for his Wacaday stuff.

Unfortunately he was a pioneer of the current day "Injured Spurs player" trend, but always seemed a decent, whole-hearted individual.

GVR

Aug 28, 2003
Philippines
At the time Whiteside stamped on Ramsey's ankle (look at the replay - it wasn't a tackle!) we were winning 1-0. Ramsey was limping badly and very shortly afterwards Stapleton scored Man U's equaliser, sliding in at the far post (right hand post for the BHA keeper). If Ramsey had not been limping, he may (would?) have been in a position to cut out the cross or at least distract Stapleton. Shortly afterwards Gerry Von Ryan came on in place of Ramsey.
Who knows what would have happened if Whiteside hadn't done what he did....
I must confess to feeling a strong bout of self satisfaction when I heard that Whiteside's career had been cut short by injury (karma as Glenn Hoddle might say?).
Isn't Whiteside a chiropodist now or something???

GVR

Aug 28, 2003
Philippines
At the time Whiteside stamped on Ramsey's ankle (look at the replay - it wasn't a tackle!) we were winning 1-0. Ramsey was limping badly and very shortly afterwards Stapleton scored Man U's equaliser, sliding in at the far post (right hand post for the BHA keeper). If Ramsey had not been limping, he may (would?) have been in a position to cut out the cross or at least distract Stapleton. Shortly afterwards Gerry Von Ryan came on in place of Ramsey.
Who knows what would have happened if Whiteside hadn't done what he did....
I must confess to feeling a strong bout of self satisfaction when I heard that Whiteside's career had been cut short by injury (karma as Glenn Hoddle might say?).
Isn't Whiteside a chiropodist now or something???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:

Chris Ramsey Yorkie ........ Gary Stevens stayed on to score the equaliser.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:clap: :clap:

Maybe time warps the memory as I thought that Whiteside deliberately dropped his weight (he was a big bastard too) onto Ramsey's leg. I was right in line with the tackle too :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhaexpress said:
Chris Ramsey Yorkie ........ Gary Stevens stayed on to score the equaliser.

Yes I realise now. I watched it on tv on the day and haven't seen it since(apart from the NSC meet-up). I have been trying to buy the video on ebay but got outbid when I had to go out.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
how early in the game was that? I seem to remember Chris Ramsay was having a stormer that day. Am I right in thinking he did play again but was never the same player after that?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It was about mid way in the second half. Transferred to Swindon but was never the same player.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jambo Seagull said:
how early in the game was that? I seem to remember Chris Ramsay was having a stormer that day. Am I right in thinking he did play again but was never the same player after that?

Must have been about 40 minutes in.

Oh and as the thread title demands:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Seagull Stew

And don't forget that silly twat tried to handle the ball TWICE into the Brighton goal that afternoon aswell!
:clap2:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
Yes I realise now. I watched it on tv on the day and haven't seen it since(apart from the NSC meet-up). I have been trying to buy the video on ebay but got outbid when I had to go out.

I got my copy from the club shop a few years ago, i think its aimed for man united supporters though as has there club crest on it more, don't know if the club still stock's it!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's available on Amazon for £45 :eek: :eek:

The one on ebay that I missed went for £21.50 :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here