Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you one the lottery who would you tell?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
First thing I'd do is ring the estate agent and get the house on the market - book a holiday to the Caribbean and sit on a sun bed with a large glass of fizz and think very long about what to do next

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
First thing I'd do is ring the estate agent and get the house on the market - book a holiday to the Caribbean and sit on a sun bed with a large glass of fizz and think very long about what to do next

Sounds about right :thumbsup:

I might even let Mrs P come with me :lolol:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I would have to tell people, mainly because of I wouldn't be able to hide it. Especially as I'm really tight and everyone who knows me, knows that I hate spending money.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'd have the time of my life and I wouldn't give a monkey's who knew about it. I'm only gonna share it with my nearest and dearest anyway.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I would have some difficulty in explaining the Aston Martin. The answer is probably to go away on holiday to give your brain time to calm down, and then tell people that you have won, but say it is less than it really is.

Indeed. I certainly wouldn't want celebrity. I wouldn't want all the begging letters, house targetted for burglary, hangers-on.

Interestingly a friend of my dads won abot 200k on the pools back in the 70s when that was a huge amount. It basically ruined his life. Everybody expected him to pay for everything all the time. He was essentially forced to move house, from where he'd been happy before surrounded by friends to somewhere more expensive where he didn't know anyone and was miserable.

They say that if you're not happy already, having money, after the initial hit, will not make you any happier.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'd tell very few people how much I'd won except family and closest mates.

However I'd keep it secret for a bit to let the dust settle so everyone forgets about that 'un-named winner!'.

To do that I'd go on holiday with just my immediate family and relax, think and celebrate with nice meals and drinks.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If you won a standard lotto draw nowadays it's not like you'd be rolling in it to the point where people would be expecting you to live a millionaire's lifestyle. Once you've had a few nice holidays, bought a new house with no mortgage, set some aside for the kids, given a little bit to close family, you'd probably be left with an amount which would keep you very comfortable but I can't see that many people would really expect much from you.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I would need to win big because I have my eye on a property in lewes worth £9,500,000.
will be looking for staff so I will need a gardener, kitchen staff , maids (who have to wear French maids outfits), chauffeur , and whatever else I need so please feel free to apply via here if you want a job

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Take out £10,000 to be frivolous with...........then put the remainder in a 90 day deposit account that can't be withdrawn until I came to terms with having a large amount of money.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'd aim to be richer than someone who has a bit more than me
like Beckham, and if that meant getting a part-time window-cleaning
job, then so be it.

Never give a sucker a break.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
If I won the lottery I have an agreement with my mate that he will claim it and pay for my life.

The reason being, if I had say £50m in the bank, the ex would surely want some (and would probably get it). Well I don't want her to have any.

But if she weren't around, I wouldn't mind who knew really. I'd do my bit for charity etc, buy a nice house, car etc. I know who my friends are. And I'd be able to go to every away game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here