Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you HAD to support another team, which would it be?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Have to be Fulham for me - live in South West London, and I could never support Chelsea, Brentford or QPR.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would find it really difficult/near impossible to feel strongly about any other club, but I would probably start going to see Crawley and then see if I fell in love with them eventually.

This thread is a bit like asking if your partner died, would you ever feel up to dating someone else.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I feel dirty :angry: even thinking about supporting another team and I'm off to scrub myself clean with a brillo pad. There is no alternative. :rant: If Brighton cease to exist I would give football up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Schalke 04
I always used to like Schalke until I read Gelsenkirchen described as "the Croydon of Germany".

And it is indeed an absolute shithole with nothing apart from the football club to endorse the city. Mind you, they have a top notch stadium and passionate support, so clearly that's where the similarity ends. I have concluded that Schalke 04 are more like Wolverhampton Wanderers than the Caravanning Nigels.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Stevenage FC since they achieved Conference status in 1995 now, of course, league 2 for this season. But my real heart is where my football passion was nutured, Brighton. Since retiring here have tried supporting Marbella, Malaga & sometimes watch Atletico Yunquera the village team.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Cant really get excited about anyone else. I suppose ive always had a soft spot for Liverpool. Had pics of Kenny Dalglish, Ray Kennedy etc on bedroom wall when i was a nipper and they were winning everything. Untill friends of the family started taking me on the chicken run, with my stall to stand on and rattle in hand. Then its always been the Seagulls.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Realistically it would probs be a a london team, and within that Arsenal or Spurs most likely

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
1. St Pauli - I went to a game at the Millerntor on Attila's advice and I urge everyone to do the same at least once in their life.

2. AFC Wimbledon.

3. Widzew Lodz.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
It would be a harsh reality and difficult choice. Since leaving Lewes in 1983 I've lived in Dundee, Edinburgh, Stirling and Clackmannanshire. I watched Dundee United at their peak in Europe, and Dundee FC fairly regular with mates, Regular at Hearts when lived next to the Hibernian ground (it's the law) . Went to Meadowbank Thistle a few times before they relocated from Edinburgh to Livingston and rebranded. Have been to Hampden with Falkirk for the cup final and to Ibrox with East Stirlingshire against Rangers. Although I watch out for my local teams scores, the yearning to watch and commit to another club is missìng and I've not seen Alloa Athletic or Stirling Albion in 17 years on their doorstep, rather save my passion for my 38 years (so far) of watching Albion, now with BHAlbas. So if there was no Albion it would need to be the fans owned clubs... Lewes and Stirling Albion. :albion2:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Ipswich Town. Those teams built by Ramsey, Robson, Lyall and Burley were magnificent.

Was lucky enough to be living in Ipswich during the Robson era , the side of 80/81 was without doubt one of the finest teams i have seen in the 40years of watching the game .:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here