Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Bloom's

Votes: 29 38.7%

• Total voters

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
As other posters have said there's only rumour and speculation. Perhaps if the club were more transparent, it would be easier to answer the question.

How do we know that DK was responsible for all of the bad decisions this season and not the Blooms? Likewise how do we know who invests in players and Falmer - can we really assume it is only the Blooms and that it isn't a loan at unfavourable terms? Did the Blooms insist on taking on so many uncommitted loan signings like Robbie Savage or even appointing Adams for financial reasons or was it a Board decision?

Without this knowledge - I trust DK more - Ray Bloom has a poor track record last time we got shafted.

Perhaps a more open and transparent approach by the Board would help?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Totally agree with that. It's DICK for me every time.

The Blooms may have the money, but I'm not convinced they actually have a f***ing CLUE about football.
Well all we know for sure about Tony Bloom on the footballing side is that he wanted to get rid of McGhee at the right time. In all probability it was him behind Adams going which is a plus as well. The Dennis Wise stuff is a rumour, hopefully not true but it seems it could be. Though on the other hand Dick Knight was the driving force behind replacing Wilkins with Adams so that's a pretty big black mark against his judgement too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a bollocks poll - without either of them we'd be f***ed. As the largest shareholder and largest investor I'd hope they manage to co-exist harmoniously.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well all we know for sure about Tony Bloom on the footballing side is that he wanted to get rid of McGhee at the right time. In all probability it was him behind Adams going which is a plus as well. The Dennis Wise stuff is a rumour, hopefully not true but it seems it could be. Though on the other hand Dick Knight was the driving force behind replacing Wilkins with Adams so that's a pretty big black mark against his judgement too.

That's a very biased assessment based on little or no knowledge.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hmm, I back the Blooms to get their way. Doesn't fill me with confidence though that they appeared to want Wise over Slade.

doesnt that strike you as a bit of a contradiction? Blooms get their way but dont get the manager they where "rumoured" to want? or maybe it was only ever that, a rumour.

That's a very biased assessment based on little or no knowledge.

I agree. and your opinion is? backed with what facts? seems this highlights a problem, we dont really know whats going on, who is making which decisions. reading between the lines its Tony Bloom driving now, not Ray, however the former is the one with the cash but unable to be chairman officially.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
doesnt that strike you as a bit of a contradiction? Blooms get their way but dont get the manager they where "rumoured" to want? or maybe it was only ever that, a rumour.

I agree. and your opinion is? backed with what facts? seems this highlights a problem, we dont really know whats going on, who is making which decisions. reading between the lines its Tony Bloom driving now, not Ray, however the former is the one with the cash but unable to be chairman officially.

I don't know any of the facts so it's impossible to have an opinion. It's all very well 'reading between the lines' but the vast majority of the lines that we are reading between appear on NSC. Hardly a basis for decision-making is it?

Even if Tony Bloom came on to the board, who knows if he has the ability to be a good chairman?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps the Blooms are investing in Falmer in the hope of knocking it down in a few years time to build a retail park................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ray Bloom standing by like Nero as Archer and Stanley tried to dismantle the club is the reason I don't trust them. I don't remember hearing a peep from him whilst all this was going on and yet he was still on the board.

Now tell me that I got it all wrong and I'll be happy to reconsider my cynicsm towards the Blooms but how any director who had the club's interest at half would not have screamed blue murder whilst Archer and Stanley did their evil deeds is pretty unimpressive imo.

That is my view I dont trust them.

I have a feeling in my water that they are being financed by somebody as I dont believe that a poker player could possibly win and then give away so much money so often.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Bloom's is the obvious answer if people want the club to actually start moving forwards on the pitch.

I have a feeling in my water that they are being financed by somebody as I dont believe that a poker player could possibly win and then give away so much money so often.

Let's get this straight as I am sick of hearing this time after time. Tony Bloom's money does not and never could come from poker alone. If he were to win the WSOP Main Event, he would win something like £8 million. That is EXTREMELY unlikely. Most big players earn their money from cash games and I don't think the "Lizard" does. He plays odd tournaments as a sideline. Last month's poker magazine desribes him as a part time poker player and a very successful sports bettor. Wikipedia says likewise.

Tony Bloom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His money comes from launching a successful betting company - Premier Bet. He talks here about poker being a hobby.

http://www.insidepokermag.co.uk/football/features/90/the_players.html

He then sold Premierbet in 2005 - presumably for a very large profit. He is still known as one of the most respected sports bettors in the world.

http://www.totalgambler.com/othersports/masterclass/53/bookies_strengths_and_weaknesses.html

Therefore, his fortunes do not rest on the turn of a card. Whether they rest on the form of the Miami Dolphins I don't know. But as one of the most respected bettors/statisticians in the world, he hasn't done bad so far, has he? No idea what this means for any potential power struggle but given that Tony Bloom lives primarily in Australia, he is unlikely to make a good chairman.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Knight, I Think he is more suitable to running a club whereas the blooms althou finacially good i dont think they would be suitable as a chairmen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here