• Bloom's

Votes: 29 38.7%

• Total voters

Taxman

I've got beautiful eyes
Oct 16, 2006
I think we're alone now
Knight or The Blooms??

Seems to be all sorts of rumours flying around today, with divide in the board becoming apparent, so who's side would you chose?

Theres only one way to settle this
FIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTT

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't trust the Blooms...and I think DK may be past it, can I have another choice please?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
money talks - as glen murrays signing indicates

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't trust the Blooms...and I think DK may be past it, can I have another choice please?
I too would be interested in knowing why you don't trust the multi-millionaires who are passionate Albion fans and who seem to be solely responsible for getting Falmer built despite economic conditions where such vast sums of money just aren't being lent...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ray Bloom standing by like Nero as Archer and Stanley tried to dismantle the club is the reason I don't trust them. I don't remember hearing a peep from him whilst all this was going on and yet he was still on the board.

Now tell me that I got it all wrong and I'll be happy to reconsider my cynicsm towards the Blooms but how any director who had the club's interest at half would not have screamed blue murder whilst Archer and Stanley did their evil deeds is pretty unimpressive imo.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i would hope they can work together and get the club of its arse and in a fit state to play at falmer and provide a decent standard of football that brings back the fans the club has lost in the last 12 years,the last thing anybody wants is a half full new stadium with the team going through the motions in the lower leagues,i presume the intent is to make the top flight someday.the two have shown their loyalty to brighton and hove albion in their own way and would be a loss if we lost either through a power struggle.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I'm Making a Breakaway 3rd Side, anyone who wants to join is welcome :D:cheers:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think this is a fair poll really. What do any of us know about the Blooms?

What is very clear is that there would be no Falmer without the Blooms who are it would appear are now providing a very large part of the finance, probably more as a result of the banking situation.

They also have financial clout that Knight has never had. I also think that without the Blooms money we would not have been able to stay in this division this season. How often during the Knight era have we been able to afford the number of loan players we brought in this season. Rightly or wrongly the last batch once Adams had gone kept us up but it was only the board's intent on getting these players that staved off relegation.

I think the choice is one between staying where we are but with a fairly stable (last 18 months excepted) chairman who generally knows what he is doing, to going forward as a club with someone with the financial clout to one day get us into the Premiership. No brainer for me, it's the Blooms.

That said, best case scenario is a combo of both, with Knight moving into a president role and still acting as a very capable consultant to the other directors/shareholders.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hmm, I back the Blooms to get their way. Doesn't fill me with confidence though that they appeared to want Wise over Slade. There was also some talk that Slade wouldn't get the sort of money to spend that Wise would.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ray Bloom standing by like Nero as Archer and Stanley tried to dismantle the club is the reason I don't trust them. I don't remember hearing a peep from him whilst all this was going on and yet he was still on the board.

Now tell me that I got it all wrong and I'll be happy to reconsider my cynicsm towards the Blooms but how any director who had the club's interest at half would not have screamed blue murder whilst Archer and Stanley did their evil deeds is pretty unimpressive imo.

I feel the same way. If they have all this cash why didnt they just give Archer/Stanley his £x million and tell him to eff off...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Well said.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;2930588 said:
I don't know enough about the Blooms to judge.

However I find it somewhat unsettling to have a professional gambler running the club.

So DK for me.

Quite.

With a professional gambler, you'll never know what kind of side bets have been struck until the shit hits the fan, as it were.

Last edited:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I doubt very few people have enough real facts to make any sort of decision or comparison. Most of what is posted on here is pure speculation, most of it unfounded, and 90% plain wrong.

That answers the question perfectly.

I am constantly amazed at how definite some can be in their views on a subject when they know none of the facts.

If I were on the board I couldn't resist telling some on here what I think of them, but that would be very unprofessional and I'd probably get voted off the board very quickly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here