Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you fancy a larf

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Or just click HERE to save messing around to find it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
'If we play like that... we will get results.'... 'Good enough team performance to have got a win.'... 'I thought we we're the better side today.'

f*** off Cotterill you twat.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
lets hope he spends Sunday morning studying the match stats .........................I used to like the guy I am sure its just a fit of pique after watching a team who know how to play football even if we did ride our luck a bit

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The particular comment that got at me was the fact that he used the idea our team has been together longer than theirs as an advantage for us. But the stats show that's not true, Ben Haim, Lawrence, Mokoena, Hreiddason, Kanu, Ashdown, Ward, Halford and Mullins have all played over 35 times for the club, the only two new signings were Varney and Norris (the only 2 half decent players IMO). Look through our team and you've got Buckley, Vincelot, and CMS which already proves Cotterill wrong.

If I were Steve, I'd worry more about clearing out his squad full of has been's on ridiculous wages, and take Gus' approach with up and coming players who have something to prove and a bit of fight in them. Long balls up to Kanu and Kitson, and Britain's slowest back four will never ever be consistently successful. Just look at the teams who have gone up from this league in the past few seasons, footballing sides.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Read his comments on the Portsmouth official site, it's even more silly, he basically he says we were the better team in the first half and half the second half, but apart from that they dominated and deserved to win. :dunce:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The particular comment that got at me was the fact that he used the idea our team has been together longer than theirs as an advantage for us. But the stats show that's not true, Ben Haim, Lawrence, Mokoena, Hreiddason, Kanu, Ashdown, Ward, Halford and Mullins have all played over 35 times for the club, the only two new signings were Varney and Norris (the only 2 half decent players IMO). Look through our team and you've got Buckley, Vincelot, and CMS which already proves Cotterill wrong.

If I were Steve, I'd worry more about clearing out his squad full of has been's on ridiculous wages, and take Gus' approach with up and coming players who have something to prove and a bit of fight in them. Long balls up to Kanu and Kitson, and Britain's slowest back four will never ever be consistently successful. Just look at the teams who have gone up from this league in the past few seasons, footballing sides.

Totally agree but to do this he will have to drop into Div 1. They don't have a reserve or youth policy either do they? Let alone any development squads or young 'Under' teams.

A club in total crisis all of their own making. I really do hate how they are labelled as a family club. Thuggish and moronic more like. May they jostle with the Sarf Lundin Scum for the bottom spot!

TNBA

TTF

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Totally agree but to do this he will have to drop into Div 1. They don't have a reserve or youth policy either do they? Let alone any development squads or young 'Under' teams.

A club in total crisis all of their own making. I really do hate how they are labelled as a family club. Thuggish and moronic more like. May they jostle with the Sarf Lundin Scum for the bottom spot!

TNBA

TTF

Exactly.
Usually i'd say I feel for the fans with all that's going on, the player struggles, the closing of the youth/reserve teams, and not even having a website for a long period of time. But to be frank, I don't give two sh*ts. All of my mums family are Portsmouth fans, and all others that i've met/know still boast about their FA cup win's and Premiership flirtation, completely forgetting the fact it was all paid for on borrowed money. This is then used in Pompey fans argument that they are the bigger club.

It makes me laugh how Cotterill can complain, as he often does, about his lack of players, while he's happy to pay the likes of Ben Haim, Lawrence, Kitson etc well over 10k a week each. I'd take our equivalents any day, even if you ignored the fact there wages are probably non-comparable.

Portsmouth need to sit up and face the facts, they are now the 3rd biggest club on the South coast, and if things aren't sorted fast Bournemouth will soon over-take them as well, and I really hope they do.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What a total Nigel Adkins he is !!!!

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
If he thinks he is a team in transition, he needs serious help. A year isn't long enough to turn those "hit an hoof" muppets into a cohesive football team. Cotterill is in denial and I look forward to toasting his demise. Total cock!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Exactly.
Usually i'd say I feel for the fans with all that's going on, the player struggles, the closing of the youth/reserve teams, and not even having a website for a long period of time. But to be frank, I don't give two sh*ts. All of my mums family are Portsmouth fans, and all others that i've met/know still boast about their FA cup win's and Premiership flirtation, completely forgetting the fact it was all paid for on borrowed money. This is then used in Pompey fans argument that they are the bigger club.

It makes me laugh how Cotterill can complain, as he often does, about his lack of players, while he's happy to pay the likes of Ben Haim, Lawrence, Kitson etc well over 10k a week each. I'd take our equivalents any day, even if you ignored the fact there wages are probably non-comparable.

Portsmouth need to sit up and face the facts, they are now the 3rd biggest club on the South coast, and if things aren't sorted fast Bournemouth will soon over-take them as well, and I really hope they do.

Be interesting to see what happens at the end of this season when their premiership parachute money ends.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sound-bytes... he's got a job to keep.

Nail on head. He is not saying that to wind us up. He is trying to placate the Pompey faithful. All managers do it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here