Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you don't like a thread, don't read it

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
But people won't know whether they like a thread or not until they've opened it and read it, surely?

:)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Safeway said:
It really is THAT simple.

...and not exercise yur right to say that you don't like it?

Seems a bit one-sided to me. As long as we respect the rights of others to have different opinions, even offensive ones AND the right to be able to post these AND the right to have them shot down we'll all get along fine.

maffew said:
dont you have to read it to know if you like it or not?

There's usually a clue in the title.

Even so if, after opening said thread, you decide it's not for you, simply ignore it and let those that do want to discuss it carry on, rather than start bitching to the mods to get it removed, thus depriving those that DID want to from doing so.

I guess I'll understand once I reach puberty.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I don't like this thread.

I take it this is in reference to Questions' thread which has now been removed? I personally think it should have stayed has it shows him to be a complete knobber. I can't believe any ethnic minorities would get seriously offended by twatish posts by him.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Lokki 7 said:
I take it this is in reference to Questions' thread which has now been removed? I personally think it should have stayed has it shows him to be a complete knobber. I can't believe any ethnic minorities would get seriously offended by twatish posts by him.

what he said. Let the whole world see how silly these sods are.

ALSO, there were enough counter arguments to reveal these people for what they are - heck, we all might learn something from the debate.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Agreed. He was coming over as a Grade A moron. I suppose the mods have to get a balance between allowing these people to be put in their place and allowing the bollocks they write to remain on our site.

Buzzer said:
ALSO, there were enough counter arguments to reveal these people for what they are

Exactly. The do-gooder who got offended by it is in fact not doing any good at all by getting it removed, in fact probably the opposite.

Lokki 7 said:

Was actually referring to the depression thread, which had actually turned into a decent discussion, but the same theory applies.

Safeway said:
Was actually referring to the depression thread, which had actually turned into a decent discussion, but the same theory applies.

Oh, didn't read that one, gave it a wide BIRTH.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
For gods sake Safeway. You can't have it all your own way. You post a thread about post natal depression, wanting to "reel" people in, get yourself all excited that you've wound people up...Someone requests its removal and then you tell people not to post in it if they don't like it?

Cake and eat it? No...

Wind up? Yes..

Seems it was Shizoka who wanted the Racism one removed anyhow.....This is all very pathetic...

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Revelation: It was ME who requested it to be removed on grounds of me finding it offensive. This wasn't true, nor did I especially want it to be deleted, but I clicked the 'report this post' button becuase I wanted to test the procedure for post removal.

Now if there had been a flood of requests and I was the final straw which just meant it HAD to go, then furry muff, all is OK with the procedure, but if I was the ONLY request, and this meant that within seconds of me making it, barely enough time to appraise my request properly, that the mod swung into action and wiped it, on the back of one complaint then there's something a bit odd about the way the site is moderated.

Is there the same knee-jerk reaction to all requests on posts which happen to have contain a controversial topic (regardless of wether the thread had evolved into a decent discussion re; depression)?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have to say that the depression thread was getting rather good despite the initial piss take.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Safeway said:
I'd lay the blame with the retard mod who agreed to remove it without question.

I lay the blame with the person who is getting wound up by their failure to wind people up ???

Even you must admit safeway, that on this occasion you were a bit 'dwayne' :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here