Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you do not have car insurance yet....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You know who you are.. FFS can you please hurry up and get some insurance so that I am not continually bombarded with crap insurance adverts guaranteeing me to save money every five minutes !

There can only be one person left now who hasn't.....

rant over:rant:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There can only be one person left now who hasn't.....

Sadly, not so. Personally I would be happy to see people who drive without insurance to get a lengthy custodial sentence.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I agree. If TV advertising was real life, we'd spend half of each day buying a sofa and the other half comparing car insurance quotes, somehow managing to squeeze in a little bit of eating/sleeping etc whenever we could grab a spare second.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It does seem that the UK economy has been reduced to us selling each other car insurance and comparing on a 15 minute cycle which is the cheapest supermarket out of ASDA and TESCO.

This from the country that invented railways and defeated the Nazis.

tsk.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The car insurance market is a con...

How is it that each year, with no claims or endorsements, the NCD goes up another 10%, but the premium still goes up?

It's not in line with inflation and it's no surprise to me that people constantly shop around for a better deal, but then have to repeat the process every couple of years when their company gets too greedy... ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The car insurance market is a con...

How is it that each year, with no claims or endorsements, the NCD goes up another 10%, but the premium still goes up?

It's not in line with inflation and it's no surprise to me that people constantly shop around for a better deal, but then have to repeat the process every couple of years when their company gets too greedy... ???

Shopping around is well worth it. 15 minutes of surfing and then 30 minutes on the phone can save shed loads - my car insurance has gone down every year for the last 7 years ( can't compare before that as I had a company car ).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Had my insurance through Kwik-Fit for a couple of years.
Then I got the annual renewal from them through the post, you know, the "do nothing and we'll just continue your insurance" quote, so I decided to shop around to see if I could get it cheaper. Entered all the usual details of the car onto a comparison website, and was delighted to find a quote which was £220 cheaper. I was less impressed when I saw who was offering it at that discount. Yup, Kwik-fit.

So I phone them up, asking why they've sent me a postal quote for x, when I can get an online quote for y (£220 cheaper with EXACTLY the same vehicle details). After a kwik "referral to my supervisor" I got it at the £220 discounted price.

SHYSTERS the lot of em.

Rob, consider changing the insurance to your wife's name. The current insurance on our car is in my name, with my girlfriend as a named driver. However she had a bump in it so we had to claim (the other car was a brand new BMW :down:) and I lost my 5 years no claims.

We've changed it into her name, and because its with the same company she has 3 years of no claim discount. As a result the policy has only gone up by c£100.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Had my insurance through Kwik-Fit for a couple of years.
Then I got the annual renewal from them through the post, you know, the "do nothing and we'll just continue your insurance" quote, so I decided to shop around to see if I could get it cheaper. Entered all the usual details of the car onto a comparison website, and was delighted to find a quote which was £220 cheaper. I was less impressed when I saw who was offering it at that discount. Yup, Kwik-fit.

So I phone them up, asking why they've sent me a postal quote for x, when I can get an online quote for y (£220 cheaper with EXACTLY the same vehicle details). After a kwik "referral to my supervisor" I got it at the £220 discounted price.

SHYSTERS the lot of em.

yep - standard practice. Stick with one, without questioning, for any period of time and you'll get screwed.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Rob, consider changing the insurance to your wife's name. The current insurance on our car is in my name, with my girlfriend as a named driver. However she had a bump in it so we had to claim (the other car was a brand new BMW :down:) and I lost my 5 years no claims.

We've changed it into her name, and because its with the same company she has 3 years of no claim discount. As a result the policy has only gone up by c£100.

Thanks - I'll try. We are both with the same company though and she is the named driver on my car and I'm the named driver on hers. I can't think i'll get great deal but it's worth a try.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you've got two cars, Admiral Multi car policy is very good. If you got a good record they should beat anything you get elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here