Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you didn't have a season ticket?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
My main reason for buying season tickets for me and the missus was to ensure we got to see the major matches against the top sides that will be guaranteed sellouts. I suspect we would have gone to most matches anyway but am getting a bit disenchanted with the lack of Saturday 3.00 pm matches, and also watching a team of championship players at best being expected to hold on to the ball and play like Barcelona.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
What were the season ticket prices at the Goldstone ground? I paid on a game by game basis and never even thought about getting a ST so i have no idea how much i would have saved by doing it that way.

If what is happening now occurred at the Goldstone, (high no. of ST holders and a cup game against a top flight team) how many would be saying that they were unprepared to pay on the gate for each match because its a rip off compared to the ST prices and the average saving per match it offered.

If my memory serves me correctly, my under 16 season ticket for the last year at the Goldstone cost me about £63.00! Good times.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Like someone else posted on here, I'm also debating renewing my ST for next year due to lack of 3.00pm KO on Saturdays as I also live down the West Country. So far I have only got to 5 be home games this season due to change of kick off times and midweek games. Also I buy my train tickets in Advance as they are cheaper 8 weeks before a game then they change KO time and all you get back is £10.00 out of the £50.00 you initially lay out.
In a way I think if we did achieve promotion this year we would have more 3.00pm KO's
Here is hoping on that one !

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If you had to pay full whack for match by match tickets how many games do you think you would attend per season at the amex? I'm holding on to my season tickets for now but i fear if i didn't have one i would make 6-10 games per season,what about the rest of you?
I don't have a season ticket - I can afford to go to about 3-4 matches a season at the moment.

£30-£40 a match is a far whack for a game if you don't have a season ticket but compared to other things it's not so bad. Most people could spend that in an evening on booze/food/fags or filling up the car with petrol without blinking an eye. Suggest people get a season ticket on the monthly payment scheme and pick and choose their matches. Bit different if you're travelling long distances then other costs come into it.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
What were the season ticket prices at the Goldstone ground? I paid on a game by game basis and never even thought about getting a ST so i have no idea how much i would have saved by doing it that way.

If what is happening now occurred at the Goldstone, (high no. of ST holders and a cup game against a top flight team) how many would be saying that they were unprepared to pay on the gate for each match because its a rip off compared to the ST prices and the average saving per match it offered.

If my memory serves me correctly, my under 16 season ticket for the last year at the Goldstone cost me about £63.00! Good times.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Seeing as your memory only lasts a couple of hours, I'm not sure we can rely on that information!

;-)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If you had to pay full whack for match by match tickets how many games do you think you would attend per season at the amex? I'm holding on to my season tickets for now but i fear if i didn't have one i would make 6-10 games per season,what about the rest of you?

About 8 to 10 a season.

If the club were to withdraw the interest free DD we would lose loads of STHs and some games (especially midweek) would attract 15k or so.

the club have to keep ST numbers high.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A lot would depend on the football being served up, it is after all supposed to be entertainment. If your paying £40 a pop you expect to see better than we have been seeing of late. I'd pay £40 to see attacking exciting football, I wouldn't go to many games atm the way we are playing....Just as well I got the season ticket. The seats need to be filled and people won't put up with boring football. I wonder what the magic break even figure is at the Amex???..If crowds start to drop below 22,500 I think people upstairs will start to worry.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Divorce your team? Would you care to reflect on this. You can either decide to go to a match or stay away but not to "divorce" your team

Just seen the money taken from my account for the FA cup game ........................... FFS £39.00 per ticket ...... Glad I have 2 season tickets??

£80 Feckin pounds to watch a 12.30 kick off

Why cant you divorcee your team ................. My 1st ever post and Im sounding like a tight ar*e ............. do others think this is steep

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So £2.74 a game. How much would it have been for you to buy a single match day ticket for your age group then?

ST ticket discounts arn't new, it's just amazing how many seem to think that there shouldn't be any as they think that one off match day tickets should cost the same as the average price a ST holder pays per match.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If the club were to withdraw the interest free DD we would lose loads of STHs and some games (especially midweek) would attract 15k or so.

the club have to keep ST numbers high.

I'm guessing the interest free DD will be kept but at a high percentage rise on the Season Ticket(15-20%), maybe not such a big hike if you pony all the cash up front. :shrug:

As said, I am just guessing!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm guessing the interest free DD will be kept but at a high percentage rise on the Season Ticket(15-20%), maybe not such a big hike if you pony all the cash up front. :shrug:

As said, I am just guessing!

If we are in the same division, I can't see how the club could justify anything more than a 2 percent increase.

After all what are wage rises averaging out at currently.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's another aspect at play here and that is the genius of the Direct Debit scheme.

Psychologically it feels a lot easier for that money to drip feed out of your bank account, month by month, in the same way as your utilities get paid. £50 disappearing from your bank account with no explicit action on your part is a lot easier to take than physically handing over £50 in cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here