Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could go back in time to watch any Albion Game

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I was only 9 and listened to it on the radio. The F.A. cup meant so much back then. I was allowed to stay up and watch Match of the day and seeing that jimmy case Free kick in front of all those Albion fans will live with me forever.

If I could go back in time for one match I would choose this match over Newcastle but only just.

I was behind that goal when Jimmy Case smashed that in, up the back with about 15 of my mates, we went absolutely mental ha ha !! Oh those were the days !!!!

Probably a game in the mid to late 70's when I was following the team but just listening to games on the radio or reading about them in the papers, before I actually made it to the Goldstone in the early 80's. Don't really care which game, as long as we played well and won, to see the likes of Ward, Mellor and O'Sullivan in their pomp would have been magical.

The second half demolition of Walsall in a monsoon (1977) would be a good one for you then - Ward 4, Mellor 3 if I remember correctly - a wonderful 45 minutes.
Mine is the Newcastle game in May 1979.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Probably the semi final at Highbury in 1983.The tension was unbelievable.
Also,any number of the games in the late 70's Glory Years.To have a time machine and see Wardy, Spider,Nobby,and Sully etc. in their prime would be fantastic and would show the younger generation of Albion fans who weren't lucky enough to be around at the time what a terrific side we were.It would also demonstrate to them how far we still have to go to put together a team capable of promotion from the Championship.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The second half demolition of Walsall in a monsoon (1977) would be a good one for you then - Ward 4, Mellor 3 if I remember correctly - a wonderful 45 minutes.
Mine is the Newcastle game in May 1979.

Yup,a good one;I missed that Walsall game as I was on holiday in Cornwall.Heard the result on the radio later and enjoyed a few bevvies!!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
walsall in the 70's,midweek game pissing down with rain,0-0 at half time

normally used to qtand on the south-west corner with the old man as a kid,but that night with the rain,i was right behind the goal

2nd half half,brighton attacking the south stand score 7 goals in the space of about 20 minutes,wardy 4 and spider 3

sweet revenge because a couple of seasons earlier,walsall had thumped us 6-0 at fellows park

i was at newcastle which was the best albion experience of my life,but i can watch that on youtube whenever i like,that walsall game has gone forever

mind you the charity shield is a bloody good call A v.S

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Great memories of some of the big games like Newcastle '79 and the Cup Final but would love to see a good old fashioned blood and thunder (literally) league game - Albion v Millwall at The Goldstone circa 1978. A big August bank holiday crowd soaked by a thunderstorm just before kick off. Albion were in their pomp at that time but Millwall went two up in the first half. Even so everyone in the crowd just knew that second half we would turn it on. Sure enough Albion came out all guns blazing and came back to beat them 3-2. Typical of our confidence in those days when we would turn games around in the blink of eye then rip the opposition to shreds. Wardy giving that lump Barry Kitchener the run around. Great atmosphere.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Game I went to and want to live again;

Doncaster august 11 - it was the time I have never been prouder to sing 'Brighton are back'. Probably the 4th best day of my life after the birth of my two kids and marrying the current mrs rosm. I know there are loads of people who worked so hard to get us to falmer, but it took up an inordinate amount of my (and others) life for so long that to top it off with the 98th minute winner by Will 'berkely' (as named by the arab tv commentator who was broadcasting to the uae)

A game I didnt go to and would have loved to have been there@

newcastle away 79 - (although I would want to be 21 rather than the 11 I was then so I could enjoy the night before with the local ladies). The day we finally arrived with the big boys - everything that followed, even the great days of the cup final, were only possible because of that promotion and the ability to retain players like Ryan as well as attract Case, Robinson, Smith etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the subject of Newcastle '79, is it true that the Toon sort of wanted us to win as it meant Sunderland wouldn't go up, or have I made that up in my mind somewhere somehow :shrug:

True they even cheered our goals and some sang GOSBTS. Came home through Gateshead and had stones thrown at the car but all was well we got home safe.

My 2 games would be before I was born, the Charity Shield win and one that I watched would be the Watford game in 1958 to secure our first ever promotion, just beating the semi final win of 1983..

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Game I went to and want to live again;

Doncaster august 11 - it was the time I have never been prouder to sing 'Brighton are back'. Probably the 4th best day of my life after the birth of my two kids and marrying the current mrs rosm. I know there are loads of people who worked so hard to get us to falmer, but it took up an inordinate amount of my (and others) life for so long that to top it off with the 98th minute winner by Will 'berkely' (as named by the arab tv commentator who was broadcasting to the uae)

A game I didnt go to and would have loved to have been there@

So memorable that it happened five days earlier....................................:lol::lol::kiss:

For me, at the mo, it is the 6-0 win for the first game back in Brighton.

Beautiful day in every respect.

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
For me it would be the Albion v Plymouth at the Goldstone on a wet
Saturday afternoon when Gary Nelson got 3 goals. think i took my dad that day , one of the goals was at less 25 to 30 yards.

:bhasign: :albion2:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fa cup final withou a shadow of a doubt.

Greatest day out of my Albion supporting time.

Best day out ever was the European cup final in 1972 odd in Paris...Leeds vs some dirty cheating German side. Went with my dad. Got very nasty after the game, but I was young and impressional and thought it was great....now realise it was carnage

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
December 1976 right near christmas. A 2-1 home victory over Chesterfield. Albion came back with two late goals. Me just 7 years old, elated at his teams success and flushed with the warm glow of approaching christmas. Priceless.
Anyone at that match?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Fa cup final withou a shadow of a doubt.

Greatest day out of my Albion supporting time.

Best day out ever was the European cup final in 1972 odd in Paris...Leeds vs some dirty cheating German side. Went with my dad. Got very nasty after the game, but I was young and impressional and thought it was great....now realise it was carnage

That would be 1975 when the "dirty cheating Leeds" were beaten 2-0 by the even dirtier, fouling, cheating Bayern Munich.

How splendidly ironical that was. Oh and Leeds had a perfectly good goal disallowed........

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Good call, although if you want to inc. getting rat arsed on the way home you will have to pay 2011 prices, DeLorean car going at 88 MPH not included!!

I take it also einstein the dog wouldnt be around either :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here