Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are thinking of drink driving this xmas....................

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I imagine an advert like that in the uk would be banned, or limited to after the watershed because it was too distressing (I remember a recent domestic abuse advert being banned/moved). These sorts of adverts are supposed to be distressing, so it's stupid that they get banned.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If the only reason we dont drink and drive is because of losing our licences.................. that wakes you up.
Very powerful.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Pulled a drunk out of a crashed car at midnight only couple weeks ago. Could hardly stand up and very lucky just to have wrecked hers and 2 stationary ones. Called police and they arrested stupid cow. Unbelievably not 30mins later I was following another car eratically driving. Forced them to pull over after witnessing 2 near head ons and again driver could hardly speak let alone drive. Why do some people risk their and others lives I just don't know. Stupid stupid fools. Don't do it!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Last fatal accident I attended at work was the result of drink driving :(

I absolutely despise people who drive in that state, because it's innocent people they put at risk as much as themselves. It doesn't matter what sort of sentence a court dishes out: kill someone because you're even slightly over the limit and you can't ever turn back the clock. It will haunt you.

That is all I have to say.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This really should be shown primetime in the U/K on both channels,however is this from the state of Victoria (?) if so it will never be shown on U/K TV upset to many people.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I won't be. Just been put on anti-biotics for 7 days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always beena great believer in that the limit should be zero at least if you have 1 drink you know it is too many. At the moment nobody knows how much a person can drink and still be ok as it varies from person to person. I do however feel a littl e bit sorry for somebody who fails a test next morning especially as it could quite easily be somebody who genuinely thought they would be ok. I dont, however, know what the answer is to that one.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This really should be shown primetime in the U/K on both channels,however is this from the state of Victoria (?) if so it will never be shown on U/K TV upset to many people.

I would go further, and will probably get slated for this, show it to all school children from the age of 16 upwards. They are the people who are starting to think about getting behind the wheel of a car, when you do that you carry great responsibility, not just for yourself or your passengers but other road users...like me!

The video is shocking, it is meant to be, maybe it will save just one of them from death or serious injury in the same circumstances or get them to stop someone else from getting behind the wheel when unfit to drive. At the age of 14 I was at school and received a pretty shocking illustration, in the form of a lung cross-section, of the dangers of smoking...that was enough to put me off for life. Sometimes it takes a shock to change, or at least form, behaviour.

People who drink and drive are worse than scum.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I have always beena great believer in that the limit should be zero at least if you have 1 drink you know it is too many. At the moment nobody knows how much a person can drink and still be ok as it varies from person to person. I do however feel a littl e bit sorry for somebody who fails a test next morning especially as it could quite easily be somebody who genuinely thought they would be ok. I dont, however, know what the answer is to that one.

Not sure that "genuinely thought" is a great argument, but it does show that the zero-limit is still a grey area.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If not prison, the financial penalty for drink driving should be in the thousands and include seizure (permanently) of the vehicle. Causing death or injury should be the same with immediate custodial sentence.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
People who drink and drive are worse than scum.

Yeah. Incredible that not long ago it was "socially acceptable".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here