Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I only smoke occasionally and thats fine

Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you are a smoker do you want to give up or are you happy with your smoker status and intend to carry and take your chances with the statistics ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have no issues carrying on

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have gone for option 3. It seems to me it is a physical impossibility to have a drink and not have a fag. I want to cut down but this year thats not happening at all at the moment.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I only smoke occasionally when drunk or angry which isn't very often. Sometimes I'll buy a pack of backi smoke til it runs out then not buy another for 2months.

I'm sure I could go that next step but I'm not desperate to do it just yet I'll continue as I am for a little while slowly cutting it out.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The money is my prime reason as I simply cannot afford it and could spend the money on more productive things.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I 'gave up' NYE but had a relapse last weekend. Have had serious bout of man flu since and at the moment I cant imagine having another cigarette, even though I'm stupid enough to have some in the house!

Like most people, the real test is when I drink!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I can't afford to give up at Belgian prices! Lol lol lol.

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately the prime rule in giving up is that you really do have to quit completely. Just one cigarette is likely to start you smoking again. I gave up 2 years ago and STILL have fight the urge a few times a week. Once a smoker always a smoker IMO, it's all down to if you can avoid smoking the next one that will start you off again.

I really envy weekend smokers or those that can just smoke one or two a day. If I could do that I'd start again right now!!

Last edited:

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
I gave up three years ago and would be willing to give time to anyone who seriously wanted to quit. My general health and well being has improved dramatically.

However, it is a choice, and I think people shouldn't console themselves with the idea that they will give up one day, it's generally just to make yourself feel better when smoking.. It is best just to be honest as your brain knows if you aren't telling the truth. That way when you are serious you will do it.

However, I don't condemn anyone for smoking. I don't like reformed ex-smoking evangelicals full of anti-smoking bile!

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I'm a smoker..... Kind of. I buy a pack on 10 and will last me 3 or 4 days. Only really smoke when having a beer

Sep 1, 2010
If those electronic things were a little cheaper I would. As it stands, duty free roll ups work out cheaper as far as I can make out. I really do need to give up though

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would love to not love smoking, but I do.

It's an expensive and unhealthy habit, but I enjoy it.

I love to have a cigarette in the morning with a cup of tea, after a meal, when driving, after sex, before the football, after the football, when stressed, when relaxing, with a pint, after several pints, before bed....

I DO plan to quit, or at least cut down, but it's very difficult to quit something that you genuinely enjoy.

This!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I've just given up - 3 weeks now. Its f*cking hard work, but its getting better. I've had a couple of minor lapses when hammered
but on the whole I'm finding it liberating. Its been a long time since I've actually sat INSIDE a pub for a whole evening.

Still miss it though..

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Reformed! 24 day and counting (30th Dec)........is hard at times but I hope to get healthier as I age!!

Cut down from 15 ish p/d to 3 for the first 2 days then to 2 for the next 5 days then went cold turkey.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I enjoy the first cigarette of the day and that's it. The following 20 odd are purely maintenance to keep me from going mental.

Would love to quit, and would love even more to have not started in the first place.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I dont smoke but its up to them that does, i wish people could still smoke in clubs, as they stink now its grim.

I hve tried it many of times at school as every one else did, and when getting older, but was lucky to never to get addicted.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I gave up on new years day not lit up since. Very very proud of myself coz i didn't use any patches or other aids to quit. I've been tested and tempted many times but I'm gonna stick to my guns-to put it bluntly we just don't need it! Did i mention that I've been smoking for 22 years!

sent from my galaxy note using tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I got down to smoking when in the pub having a pint and fortunately there is no pub culture here and I only go on a Friday night.
I had my last cigerette about the end of July last year, I really fancy one on a Friday when but have so far resisted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here