Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you agree with Mark McGee's sacking or not

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Uncle Buck said:
And the general poor results in the last 18 months, including against the teams around us.

Nice swipe at Kuipers....

That was just a case of McGhee suffering because of his own success. We were punching above our weight (because he against the odds got us promoted and then kept us up) and were bound to lose more than our fair share of games.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
chez said:
That was just a case of McGhee suffering because of his own success. We were punching above our weight (because he against the odds got us promoted and then kept us up) and were bound to lose more than our fair share of games.

But we failed too often in the games we need to win to stay in amongst the pack as well. ]

I think it is good riddance, but each to their own.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
chez said:
All of us who wanted McGhee to remain have now lost all faith in DK and the board and at this present moment I couldnt give a flying f*** about tomorrow.

No, youre wrong there. I didnt want to see Mcghee leave but I havent lost faith In the board. Dick knight had to act to keep the fans happy. DK= Legend :bowdown:

Last edited:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Chairman Dick Knight and chief executive Martin Perry have become isolated
in their staunch support of McGhee, with Derek Chapman refusing to offer the
manager his public backing.

Chapman and fellow director Ray Bloom are thought to have sided with a major
investor, who is leading a campaign to oust McGhee from his post.

The Argus revealed on Monday that Albion's board is split over whether
McGhee should remain in charge.

Chapman, the natural successor to Knight, has rejected the opportunity to
give McGhee his support.

Asked where he stands over the manager's future, he said: "The answer is no
comment. I am sure we will spin a coin and sort something out.

"It's got to be sorted out quickly, which I am sure it will be, because it
is not fair on anybody."

A further meeting is expected to take place this week between Knight and the
investor, who shows no signs of waivering.

Knight has been trying to persuade him that getting rid of McGhee would be a
knee-jerk reaction to Albion's relegation from the Championship.

Forcing McGhee out will also cost the cash-strapped Seagulls, as they will
be obliged to pay up his contract which still has a year to run.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
chez said:
No, its now going to be the opposite. All of us who wanted McGhee to remain have now lost all faith in DK and the board and at this present moment I couldnt give a flying f*** about tomorrow. DK has done his level best to make sure that his prediction becomes true and we dont do anything this season other than contest a relegation dog fight.

At least McGhee wanted us to go back up!!

Not quite true, i for one thought McGee was the best man for the job at the moment but at least DK knew of the simmering unrest with the fans and acted to halt the declining attendances and poor form. If nothing else perhaps a new enthusiasm will run through the club. Come on you have to admit you are a little excited if not aprehensive as to who will apply and eventually get the posistion! It may not have been what a lot of fans agreed with but then again he was not popular with a lot of people who PAID his wages!! Chill man!!:)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Statto said:
No, youre wrong there. I didnt want to see Mcghee leave but I havent lost faith In the board. Dick knight had to act to keep the fans happy. DK= Legend :bowdown:

Mmmmmmm that sums it up:thumbsup:

Agree wholeheartedly with the decision.

As i have said in other threads, should have been earlier. McGee did not stand a chance this season, and i have to say, brought it on himself with dodgy tactics and the striker saga. (See Bristolseagull thread for a more in depth analysis from my goodself)!

Need to get the confidence back, a bit of swagger and belief. Belief that we can attack even if we are behind!

Support the lads. Come on the Albion!

:albion: :clap2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
chez said:
No, its now going to be the opposite. All of us who wanted McGhee to remain have now lost all faith in DK and the board and at this present moment I couldnt give a flying f*** about tomorrow. DK has done his level best to make sure that his prediction becomes true and we dont do anything this season other than contest a relegation dog fight.

At least McGhee wanted us to go back up!!

I disagree with that. I was very definitely in the McGhee in group and still was this morning when I got into work and saw that he had left.

However, I support Brighton and Hove Albion not Mark McGhee. Managers come and go but we the fans are the one thing that remain whatever the situation. I will be there tomorrow supporting the club whoever becomes manager and it is important that we all get behind whoever is appointed and give them time as they cannot bring any players in until January.

Finally, how anyone can question Dick Knight is beyond me. The only people I lost faith with were the fans who refused to watch the club while Mark McGhee was in charge. Dick Knight has saved this club and will always be a Brighton Legend!!!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Finchley Seagull said:
I disagree with that. I was very definitely in the McGhee in group and still was this morning when I got into work and saw that he had left.

However, I support Brighton and Hove Albion not Mark McGhee. Managers come and go but we the fans are the one thing that remain whatever the situation. I will be there tomorrow supporting the club whoever becomes manager and it is important that we all get behind whoever is appointed and give them time as they cannot bring any players in until January.

Finally, how anyone can question Dick Knight is beyond me. The only people I lost faith with were the fans who refused to watch the club while Mark McGhee was in charge. Dick Knight has saved this club and will always be a Brighton Legend!!!

Very good post too IMO:clap: :clap: :albion:

D

Deleted member 2719

Finchley Seagull said:

The only people I lost faith with were the fans who refused to watch the club while Mark McGhee was in charge. Dick Knight has saved this club and will always be a Brighton Legend!!!

I know i was one of those fans - but MM was destroying the team in my eyes and now Sir Dick has finally done the right thing i will return and be 100% behind everything we do.

We must not expect miracles from Deano as he is learning his trade.
MM had years of experience and we gave him 3 Years.

Arise Sir Knight.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
No everyone has the right to attend matches when and if they can, everyone has the right to their opinion. I just agree that the club is bigger than any player/manager even chairmen It is the Fans who pay the wages and Dick Knight has listened to the growing voice of dissaproval and acted.

Bless Him

Dont mean i agree with his decision though!:clap2:

D

Deleted member 2719

Gullsworth said:
No everyone has the right to attend matches when and if they can, everyone has the right to their opinion. I just agree that the club is bigger than any player/manager even chairmen It is the Fans who pay the wages and Dick Knight has listened to the growing voice of dissaproval and acted.

Bless Him

Dont mean i agree with his decision though!:clap2:

So as chairman you may have rode it out to the team and your own demise then?

???

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Maybe... but who is to say that had we won our next few games under MM things may well have turned around and possibly a stab at promotion could have been achieveable. I hate to say it because i want the club to do well under any manager but it is not garuanteed (sp yea i know) we will improve under Deano and if the standard of football or League position decreases the outers will be on his back irrespective of your plea to give him a chance because he is learning his trade...............it wont wash if we get relegated and attendances drop below the 4K mark!! I just hope the team does well whoever takes over but somehow i have my doubts that man is out there at the mo!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not quite true, i for one thought McGee was the best man for the job at the moment but at least DK knew of the simmering unrest with the fans and acted to halt the declining attendances and poor form. If nothing else perhaps a new enthusiasm will run through the club. Come on you have to admit you are a little excited if not aprehensive as to who will apply and eventually get the posistion! It may not have been what a lot of fans agreed with but then again he was not popular with a lot of people who PAID his wages!! Chill man!!

if knight knew of the simmering unrest among the fans why did'nt he just sack MM at te end of last season and at least give the new manager a chance to sign (if any money is ever released) a decent midfielder..striker..and left-back during the close season.By doing it now he has totally cocked everyhting up

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
portslade seagull said:

if knight knew of the simmering unrest among the fans why did'nt he just sack MM at te end of last season and at least give the new manager a chance to sign (if any money is ever released) a decent midfielder..striker..and left-back during the close season.By doing it now he has totally cocked everyhting up

Rubbish! A week in football is a longer time period than our everyday roman calendar as everyone knows.

Anyway, I just want to add to this wonderful DK love-in thread. He's the man and always will be.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here