Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we were to make the play offs...

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Yes last 6 is actually 2.167. So on that (rather last 8 as Simster noted the 1.625 comes from) we'd finish on 81.839 which looks to be more like 3rd place.

My mistake 1.625 ppg is based on last 8, you are completely correct to say last 6 is 2.167 ppg in other words 81.84 points or 3rd.

Still think another 29 points (1.71 ppg) will almost guarantee a play off spot: Any of these will do and based on the revised ppg over the last 6 it's achievable:
a) W6, D11, L0 = 29 points
b) W7, D8, L2 = 29 points.
c) W8, D5, L4 = 29 points.
d) W9, D2, L6 = 29 points.
e) W10, D0, L7 = 30 points.

Check my maths first!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We have go to Upton Park near the flag end of the season.

West Ham
Cardiff
---------------
Southampton
Reading
????????????
????????????
---------------

Last edited:

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Remaining Away Fixtures: x8 = Leeds, Hull, Doncaster, Blackpool, Forest, Burnley, West Ham, Barnsley.
Remaining Home Fixtures: x9 = Millwall, Ipswich, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Derby, M'Boro, Reading, Watford, Birmingham.

I predict:
Away W3,D2,L3 = 11 points.
Home W5,D2,L2 = 17 points.
Finish on 73 points and in 6th position to meet Southampton in the play off's.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I don't think eiher club are a shoo-in, to be honest. Blackpool are also looking class, Southampton might suddenly click again, Cardiff are still strong, injuries and suspensions might yet play a big part - what if Zigic got injured? Hell, we're only 7 points off 2nd ourselves with 51 points to play for.

Maybe not shoe-in but both clubs have the expectancy and enough quality / experience to go straight back up. Anyhoo, makes for a very interesting and hopefully exciting run-in. Fingers crossed we are in with a shout come the end of the season.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Easy then, Looks possible when set out like this

Wins
Millwall H, Ipswich H, Doncaster A, Pompey H , Derby H, Forest A, Watford H, Barnsley A

Draws
Blackpool A, Boro H , Burnley A, Reading H, Brum H

Defeats
Leeds A , HullA , Cardiff H , West Ham A ,

If we do that we'll have 64 points with 7 to play - play-offs would look a shoo-in at that stage?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is a small chance of us finishing in 6th place but I can't see us playing Stains in the semis because they are more than likely to choke.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I'm happy for us to flirt with the p/offs , but I'm not overly concerned about going up this season. A couple of years consolidation in the 2nd tier followed by an all-out assault on the Prem for 2013/2014 season is just fine !

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
i'm not sure we will make the play offs to be honest .....

hammers
cardiff
blackpool
brum
leeds
lester
reading
sou'aaampten
no room for us i feel , if we do we are obviously worth the spot and i won't matter who we get as we will just as likely beat them as not.(does that make sense)?

Don't agree with players now becoming fit example Buckley,Vicente, Noone and Lua Lua coming back, plus the new signings we have agreat squad in depth now. It has to be one of the best ever

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Staying down means we'll quite possibly lose our best players such as Buckley and Bridcutt, I'll take going up personally as I don't see us overstretching the budget and we'd have the parachute payments if we came straight back down.

i guess i just don't want to see us doing a derby.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't think eiher club are a shoo-in, to be honest. Blackpool are also looking class, Southampton might suddenly click again, Cardiff are still strong, injuries and suspensions might yet play a big part - what if Zigic got injured? Hell, we're only 7 points off 2nd ourselves with 51 points to play for.

Which goes to show how hard it'll be to make the play offs. You'd expect at least four of those five clubs to finish in the top six, leaving just one or possibly two spots for the rest of us to fight over.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Remaining Away Fixtures: x8 = Leeds, Hull, Doncaster, Blackpool, Forest, Burnley, West Ham, Barnsley.
Remaining Home Fixtures: x9 = Millwall, Ipswich, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Derby, M'Boro, Reading, Watford, Birmingham.

I predict:
Away W3,D2,L3 = 11 points.
Home W5,D2,L2 = 17 points.
Finish on 73 points and in 6th position to meet Southampton in the play off's.

I've given us an extra point home and away, so 75 altogether. Expecting a 6/7th place finish.

Looking at the fixtures run in, we could see alot of player rotation as Gus tries to keep his best 11 fully fir for the more winnable games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here