Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we were to make the play offs...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If we do make the play-offs, then realistically it is likely to be in the last spot, does everyone agree?

And despite what people are saying about Saints at the moment (they said the same about us when we were in freefall just a couple of months ago) they will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. I think they will miss out on automatic promotion, meaning my prediction for them is 3rd.

3rd plays 6th in the play-offs, meaning we'd have a Saturday Amex game in the first leg.

This new 'rivalry' isn't going to go away, is it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

As much as some want it to, I think it's got a bit of longevity.

YES Palace are our main rivals. Doesn't mean you can't have side-stories.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
As much as some want it to, I think it's got a bit of longevity.

YES Palace are our main rivals. Doesn't mean you can't have side-stories.

We always used to have Pompey as a side-story. But they're a bit of a joke these days, so Southampton will do for now.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The BEST thing in the world would be to get the scum (the real scum, not Palace) in the play-offs and beat them.

The WORST thing would be to get them and lose.

I'm even (and I can't believe I'm saying this), I'm even very tempted to say I won't mind losing to Liverpool in the Cup if in return we could beat Southampton in the play-offs. (Tempted!)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm even (and I can't believe I'm saying this), I'm even very tempted to say I won't mind losing to Liverpool in the Cup if in return we could beat Southampton in the play-offs. (Tempted!)

I think I'd go for that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'm not sure we will make the play offs to be honest .....

hammers
cardiff
blackpool
brum
leeds
lester
reading
sou'aaampten
no room for us i feel , if we do we are obviously worth the spot and i won't matter who we get as we will just as likely beat them as not.(does that make sense)?

i'm not sure we will make the play offs to be honest .....

hammers
cardiff
blackpool
brum
leeds
lester
reading
sou'aaampten
no room for us i feel , if we do we are obviously worth the spot and i won't matter who we get as we will just as likely beat them as not.(does that make sense)?

Putting the hideous chav like spelling to one side, I really cannot see Leicester being anywhere near the top 6. I agree Southampton are going through a bad phase and if they don't pull out of it, could be mid table in 4 weeks time!

If we beat Leeds Saturday, I honestly don't think they will go above us again all season........

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Gus has now signed three quality players on loan with Premiership experience and Vincente is fit, still got Noone and Lua Lua to come back. With a bit of luck we could push for a play off spot. It will keep the ticket sales up until the end of the season.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i dont think stains will finish 3rd. it will be West Ham at the top, Boro/Cardiff/Brum 2nd and then whoever isnt 2nd out of those 3 occupying 3rd and 4th

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
My feeling is that West Ham and Birmingham will be automatic, so they're out of the equation. Cardiff look a good bet for third place this year, and I'd be surprised if Blackpool aren't in the playoffs. After that it's too close to call. I think we'll miss out on GD, we're getting points but not the goal margins.

However yes, if we go in it'll be in 6th (and probably by the skin of our teeth). That would mean a battle against Cardiff which I reckon we could cope with. As for the final I have no idea at all.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Birmingham and West Ham automatic
Play offs I think will be Blackpool, Leeds, Southampton and one of Hull/Cardiff .. with us ending 8th

BUT ........ the play off's are notoriously tight and I've got only a handful of points separating the top 8 so basically anything can (and probably will happen). Looking at run ins Blackpool and Brum are by far "easiest" West Ham the most difficult but ours is tough too with 8 games to come against challengers. Trying to predict actual positions this far out is pretty impossible but speculating we'll make play offs is entirely reasonable

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Originally Portsmouth were the main act and Palace the side story but this changed in the 70s.

To us yes. But to Pompey I bet its always been about Saints.

Dont you just hate one way rivalry.

Its shit.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Putting the hideous chav like spelling to one side, I really cannot see Leicester being anywhere near the top 6. I agree Southampton are going through a bad phase and if they don't pull out of it, could be mid table in 4 weeks time!

If we beat Leeds Saturday, I honestly don't think they will go above us again all season........

begging you pardon your grace........i know half a dozen lads from lester and that is how they spell their names for tipping comps an' the loik......ie.lester paul , lester niel and so on ,i do believe we are all entitled to an opinion on here and i just expressed mine , now i'm sorry your worship but after tugging my forelock till my nose bleeds im afraid i must go and get my rag and bone carriage ready for tomorrow.

missed boro out of the play off candidates as well...!

Last edited:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I don't see why we cannot get into the play-offs, as someone has said it could just come down to GD come the end of the season. I think we'll come 7th, just missing out.

Keep the faith though ay, we can still do it.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If we do make the play-offs, then realistically it is likely to be in the last spot, does everyone agree?

And despite what people are saying about Saints at the moment (they said the same about us when we were in freefall just a couple of months ago) they will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. I think they will miss out on automatic promotion, meaning my prediction for them is 3rd.

3rd plays 6th in the play-offs, meaning we'd have a Saturday Amex game in the first leg.

Highly unlikely that this will happen. In fact quite unlikley we will make the play offs at all, but if we do we could just as easily finish 4th as 6th the way this division is, and on Saints form they could miss out entirely.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Sorry but Im going against everyone so far, I know we will make the top 6 ..... If we keep everyone fit, people forget we only had that bad run when we had alot of players out for 1 reason or another, but I feel really confident that our best players will now stay fit plus we have 2 excellent fullbacks on loan where we were having trouble, so IMO I cant see us out of the top 6 come end of the season.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
missed boro out of the play off candidates as well...!

Anyone from Derby upwards has a chance of still have a chance of getting a play-off place, it's difficult to guess who will get the places. Just have to wait and see what teams suddenly drop off and what teams just keep getting points. By the end of next month I think we'll have a good idea of where we'll come by the end of the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Win at Leeds and I wiil be dreaming of nicking one of the top two spots and I think we'll easily make the playoffs if not. Have some belief guys :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here