Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we were good enough for a promotion challenge...

....we'd put some of these chances away and put the results OUT of the hands of referees!

I'm tired of hearing that we missed chance after chance, didn't put the game away and decide the result conclusively - and then bemoan a couple of refereeing decisions.
Put the ball 'decisively' into the goal, then you can say you deserve a chance to go up....because you'll be getting that chance.

I listened to Harty last night asking if it was the PITCH, or was it the REF?!
Ffs Harty, if the ref had given Huddersfield 3 pens but we'd STUFFED the ball in the onion bag and said "HAVE THAT", there wouldn't be any doubt or issues about dissatisfaction with conditions or adjudications.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had no aspirations that we'd make the playoffs pre-season. The current position and opportunities are a bonus imo. No recriminations necessary.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The facts are we are not go enough this season. We have made progress under Wilkins but are quite a way short of being good enough to go up or have any realistic hope of staying in the Championship. The glaring misses seem to be mainly from Murray who must have miss 10 sitters in the last 5 games, certainly Zamora would have scored 8 or 9 of the 10 chances Murray has messed up.

Still we are going in the right direction but its another season of Division 3 football at the Withdean next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The facts are we are not go enough this season. We have made progress under Wilkins but are quite a way short of being good enough to go up or have any realistic hope of staying in the Championship. The glaring misses seem to be mainly from Murray who must have miss 10 sitters in the last 5 games, certainly Zamora would have scored 8 or 9 of the 10 chances Murray has messed up.

Still we are going in the right direction but its another season of Division 3 football at the Withdean next season.

Is Murray your new "bete noir"? Get off his back US, he is a revelation after the forwards we have had here since Zamora left. Forster was getting the same shit from fans on here early season...and he is an old hand. Give Murray a break eh, and just be grateful we have a player getting in the position to miss chances, he WILL come good.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Murray is missing chances, but before he arrived, we weren't even getting the chances to miss.

He has scored some, has linked well with Forster and the midfield and has had a positive effect on the team and on results. Goals will come but it's pointless - and unreasonable - to compare him to BZ.

The fact is that we are now probably good enough to be in the play-offs, but may be paying for mid-season slump and in-fighting. But the squad is not yet ready to hold down a place in the Championship. I'd take it - even for one season - but I suspect at the end of the season, we'll be reflecting and saying that we made progress this year (and did better than most of us had expected) and would expect to be challenging for promotion next year.

I can't ask for more - we're improving and we're closer to getting a decent stadium. Not a bad result.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Even getting into play-off contention is a bonus this season. To make the top six - even it it's just for one week - would be a massive boost. And to actually take part in the play-offs would be more than any Albion fan or employee could have dreamt possible, bearing in how hit or miss we were in the autumn. The team's shaping up very nicely for next season, and while Murray's continually missing solid gold chances is hardly encouraging, it has to be seen as a dip in form, if not just rank bad luck. And luckily we've got Forster quietly tucking away the goals to prevent Murray being hung, drawn and quartered before the guy's properly found his shooting boots. Last night was a missed opportunity to go into the top six, but heigh-ho, there's always Saturday.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Is Murray your new "bete noir"? Get off his back US, he is a revelation after the forwards we have had here since Zamora left. Forster was getting the same shit from fans on here early season...and he is an old hand. Give Murray a break eh, and just be grateful we have a player getting in the position to miss chances, he WILL come good.

The Huddersfield's keeper's save to tip Murray's chip over the bar was superb last night. It wasn't a missed chance it was a brilliant save.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Jeez - 6 weeks ago and it was all doom and gloom. We got a good side now tht next year may just about make the Withdean experience bearable.

Murray will socre goals next year and Forster will to - I'd say 35-40 between them - especially with the experience they ahve got in the last couple of months and a proper pre-season behind them.

If we were to go up I just think that it would put so much strain on the budgets pre-Falmer and that we would end up haemorraging more cash - just to try and cling on to a Championship place.

I was told by a client yesterday who supports Scunthorpe that there are rumours about their financial position being less than healthy - they have spunkied big wages on a couple of players in the hope of staying up - and now that cash is looking like a seriously bad bet.

It is no different from clubs from the Championship going into the POremiership - some take a punt and blow millions (relatively speaking here as an analogy) and then take the hit over the next two-three seasons when that money has not got them where they need to be.

Personally I would rather take a long-term view here - stay in this league this season and then launch an attack on the Championshipo when we have the resource and the squad to get there - and stay there.

Withdean frankly darlings is not the base from which to launch a campaign that will have any substance or longevity to it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The Huddersfield's keeper's save to tip Murray's chip over the bar was superb last night. It wasn't a missed chance it was a brilliant save.

the one that he missed from abour 6 yards out, unchallenged wasn't so brilliant - bobble or not, he should at least be making the keeper work from that sort of opportunity

i like everything about murrays game, his first touch, in the air he is superb, and the way he brings players into the game is exactly what we have been crying out for. the worrying thing though is the amount of times he gets into these scoring positions, and very rarely makes the keeper pull off a save, let alone stick the ball in the net

Mar 12, 2008
US - We're not good enough to make the playoffs - that's an opinion.

What is a fact however, is that we're 1 point from the play-offs with 9 games to play.

Yes, 9 games to play. We have a great chance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We're no worse than any of the other teams currently nudging the play-offs - and a whole lot better than some. Defence is generally sound, midfield, well, we have a midfield, and we have two strikers who appear to be doing the business between them, even if they're not quite firing on all cyclinders. It would take a sequence of breath-taking crappiness for us not to at least makes the top six at some point in the run-in. If nothing else, it keeps the season alive going into the Spring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here