Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we sign lualua in jan?

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Will we have a massive pricetag as a proven championship player

or do clubs do pre contracts for that sort of thing?

what do you think?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I haven't read it anywhere, but I would hope we have an option to buy at a pre-agreed price.

I'm guessing (literally just guessing, not read this anywhere), that Newcastle had a valuation in excess of ours, let's say £2m. We've then said, nah, bit worried about his injury, and whether he's recovered fully from it, so we've offered say £1.25m on the basis of the injury doubt.

We've ended up agreeing the loan deal, on the basis that we have an option to buy at Newcastle's current asking price (eg £2m) in January, on the basis that he's proved his fitness in the first half of the season.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I just hope the deal won't allow for anyone to jump in and offer more and steal him away or Newcastle to ask for him back

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
hope deal is in place couldn't face the bloody torture of another protracted transfer saga

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
this is what i know about loans
1. if we have paid any amount even £1 to get him on loan, Newcastle CAN NOT bring him back until the end of the loan agreement
2. most loans unless the play is just getting 1st team football have a uy out clause like gritt23 said they say you can have him this much and we say no injury histoey we will pay x amount
3. so say on his loan here, he was amazing and the buy clause was only £1 million newcastle would HAVE TO take that price and cant say no, as it is in the contract of the loan deal
4. then it would all be down to KL if he wants to sign for us or not.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The fact that Gus said KLL will be hear for years to come, would suggest that everything is in place and it is just about seeing how the ankle holds up.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I would expect that this is a very complicated deal with a transfer fee and player contract already agreed. It may well commit Newcastle to sell him if we want him, commit us to buy him if he is medically fit and commit Lua Lua to join us even if Man U want him

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The fact that Gus said KLL will be hear for years to come, would suggest that everything is in place and it is just about seeing how the ankle holds up.

Yep, this. If we want him he's ours is the way I understand it. The only stumbling block would be his ankle or whatever other injury is given to him by a full back that has been roasted once too often

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here