Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

if we lose at home boxing day will the crowd turn on adams and the non league set up

will the crowd turn on adams if we lose boxing day

• Total voters

zego

Jul 10, 2003
They will, which is what I've voted - home 'support' quite capable of booing even when losing to (but scoring against) clubs well up into play-off places.

Today we are 21st in the table.

Home form: 10 played, 10 pts, 22nd. Nobody below us in the overall table is below us on home form (just Colchester 16th, Orient 17th).

Away form: 11 played, 10 pts, 15th. Above eg Hartlepool 11th, and Northampton 12th, and all three below us. If we had nicked a goal yesterday, instead of TR, we would have been 10th on away form.

This, unfortunately, is becoming like the season before last, when only away form kept us going, and players were booed at home even before the kick-off.

If I was Dick Knight, I would pay off the season ticket holders the balance of matches for this season, and sell only pay-on-the-gate. Might be a smaller crowd, not necessarilly less income, but better support, loud encouragement, no walking out to be first in the burger queue before half time, or first on the free bus before full time.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes , i predict what a load of rubbish chants, large booing and a big collection of people giving Adams abuse by the dugouts after the game.

Quite looking forward to it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Surely it depends on the manner of the defeat (should there be one, obviously)

If the team come out and play like gutless wonders then they get everything they deserve. But yesterday seemed like just shocking bad luck that on another day would have seen the Albion win by two or three, and sometimes when things start going against you they just keep going against you. Then the luck starts evening itself out. Reckon we'll put four past Colchester meself :thumbsup:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Yes , i predict what a load of rubbish chants, large booing and a big collection of people giving Adams abuse by the dugouts after the game.

Quite looking forward to it.

Dugout abuse was fairly large after MK Dons, even White was getting it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No I think everyone will shrug their shoulders and shuffle off home.

I think it has got beyoned aiming abuse at Adams.

I get the impression that people are resigned to our fate this season, whatever that may be

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tends to be getting increasingly MESSY behind the dugout at full-time tho eh?

i wasnt at the last home game so I didnt see anything...was it feisty then?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was a strange thing to say as we have not won for the last 9 away games

Yoevil Town 1-1
Northampton Town 2-2
Leeds United 1-3
Peterborough United 0-0
Hartlepool United 0-1
Carlisle United 1-3
Stockport County 0-2
Oldham Athletic 0-0