Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lined up Wilkins' Squad against Adams' Squad ... Who would win?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Well Wilkins seemed to get more out of many players that Adams had/has such as Whing, Richards, Cox.

The squad now is undoubtably better but the team with Racon, Westlake, Lynch and Richards (last season) would probably be pretty even.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Adams:
Kuipers/Sullivan

Whing Elphick Virgo McNulty

Carole Livermore Jarrett Cox

Murray Forster

Wilkins:

Kuipers/Sullivan

Whing Elphick Lynch Richards

Cox Racon Thomson Westlake

Murray Forster

I wouldn't say there was masses in it, but the squad now is certainly a lot, lot better.

Sep 5, 2008
After seeing Micky get the team selection wrong continually this season I would not be confident that the team he has now is better. If he gets the best out of all the new players, then yes but i can still see him trying to keep elphick and hinshelwood together and shoe-horning virgo anywhere else again:nono:.. par example

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Would the competition in question be a snowball fight?

If so, then Adams with ease. All the players both managers had would be scratched, leaving the likes of Hawkins, Andrews, Jarrett and McNulty to take on the likes of Thomson, Racon, Richards.

Bloodbath!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't think there's any doubt.

But others might disagree.

For a clearly intelligent man, you really do pose the most stupid and pointless questions sometimes.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I hate these Wilkins vs Adams threads.
LB you should know better.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm with LB. Wilkins' team would emerge triumphant due to Wilkins possessing far superior coaching abilities that would generate more from a group of players that otherwise looks slightly weaker on paper.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
This is the short of knee jerk post that I wouldn't expect from a veteran such as yourself LB.

This is also the sort of post that would seriously come back to haunt you if Micky decides that our new players are best suited with Calvin Andrew playing as a sweeper and Jarrett and Birchall as our new centreback pairing.

It's unfair to make that kind of comparison LB..

I still reckon we will finish with at least 14 points less than 2007/08, even if you do have to make such stupid threads such as this.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
For what it's worth, the 2007/08 squad would probably beat the one that got relegated in 2005/06, but does that prove anything??

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Pretty stupid question, on paper clearly the current squad is better. But on the pitch Wilkins' team will almost certainly end up with more points at the end of a season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Pretty stupid question, on paper clearly the current squad is better. But on the pitch Wilkins' team will almost certainly end up with more points at the end of a season.

Not sure it would. If we had this side at the start of the season we would have finished top 6 comfortably.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
STOP PRESS : LORD BRACKNELL JOINS THE POINTLESS THREAD BRIGADE.
There, you see LB, it was painless enough wasn`t it ?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm with LB. Wilkins' team would emerge triumphant due to Wilkins possessing far superior coaching abilities that would generate more from a group of players that otherwise looks slightly weaker on paper.

And by putting in place a style of play that would improve the team as players and makes them able to switch formations easily.

But MA might get the result due to greater team spirit and commitment to the cause - and a bit more directness.

In Premiership terms it is Wenger v O'Neill. I resect Wenger and love watching his teams. But I want my team to be more O'Neill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here