Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we hadn't won at Palace?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
Erm he had choices to make on tuesday and he cocked them up utterly( i am not the only one that thinks that) - thats all to do with money is it?

Rubbish. Wolves came back at us. They are a good team you know.
I was disappointed that we didn't kill the game off but short of going on and scoring himself what else was MM to do?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
Rubbish. Wolves came back at us. They are a good team you know.
I was disappointed that we didn't kill the game off but short of going on and scoring himself what else was MM to do?

Bring dodd on instead off el abd who looked dodgy on sat - take of ckr - bring on el turi to hold ball up and stop it coming back everytime it was hoofed up field.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
When was the last time you saw El Turi play?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
KinkyGoebels said:
Bring dodd on instead off el abd who looked dodgy on sat - take of ckr - bring on el turi to hold ball up and stop it coming back everytime it was hoofed up field.

I share that opinion, but that doesn't mean everyone else does

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
KinkyGoebels said:
Erm he had choices to make on tuesday and he cocked them up utterly( i am not the only one that thinks that) - thats all to do with money is it?

No of course not.

I wasn't there on Tuesday so can't really comment but what I am trying to say is that a lot of the choices that he does make are forced on him by our situation.

I don't think Jake Robinson or CKR would have played as much as they have if we had more strength in depth. On the other hand, you could argue that having to chuck them in instead of nurturing them could be the making of them.

Either way, Mark McGhee is going to get stick.

I just think he's does a brilliant job and the time to judge him, or any other manager for that matter, is at the end of the season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
when he banged 3 past qpr

To quote your own words, the reserves dont matter.
I saw him against Luton reserves and I wouldnt have played him on Tuesday based on that perforemance.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hiney said:
No of course not.

I wasn't there on Tuesday so can't really comment but what I am trying to say is that a lot of the choices that he does make are forced on him by our situation.

I don't think Jake Robinson or CKR would have played as much as they have if we had more strength in depth. On the other hand, you could argue that having to chuck them in instead of nurturing them could be the making of them.

Either way, Mark McGhee is going to get stick.

I just think he's does a brilliant job and the time to judge him, or any other manager for that matter, is at the end of the season.

The ones on tuesday were not.
Hart was being ripped to bits in first half - this is another issue that needs to change.
He was also out of postion for Ipswich goal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
To quote your own words, the reserves dont matter.
I saw him against Luton reserves and I wouldnt have played him on Tuesday based on that perforemance.

But you seem to think they do as they have pro keepers.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
The ones on tuesday were not.
Hart was being ripped to bits in first half - this is another issue that needs to change.
He was also out of postion for Ipswich goal.

Gary Hart is having to play out of position because we cannot get a left back to join the club.
Know any good ones going?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hart was class on Tuesday, redeemed himself after Saturday. As Yorkie says, its going to be that way until we get a left back, or Dodd is fully fit

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Withdean Wanderer said:
Hart was class on Tuesday, redeemed himself after Saturday. As Yorkie says, its going to be that way until we get a left back, or Dodd is fully fit

He was ripped to shreds in the first 30-35

he has bee at fault for goals as well.

KinkyGoebels said:
f*** SAKE WHAT!

o i forgot you cant dare have a go at mcghee can you, i mean that would go against the nsc chosen stance.

There is this horrible disease that has long pervaded the English psyche, that is the desire to actually revel in misery/negativity/sadness/depression:cry: :thud: :shrug:
Some people are irrevocably drawn to the dark side of life - so that when good things happen to make them happy, they HAVE to say "yeah, but what if that hadn't happened?"

Okay, so it's not beyond us to consider the cons as well as the pros, but what if Dick Knight hadn't wrested control from the scumbags, if The Albion had lost at Hereford, we'd lost the war against the nazis, Earth had no moon or was too close to the sun to support life, if your mum had a headache that night you were conceived.....
All a great bit silly.
I want England to win the World Cup, but if we don't, Sven is in for a rotten time for failure.

We already have threads begging questions about MM's tactics, and certainly he's not beyond discussing - but reality of hindsight stands to show proofs. We might have lost at Home to Wolves and Ipswich if he hadn't played that squad that way, but dreaming up alternative scenarios won't answer that either.

Get behind MM and the team, as the 'maybe Morinho would do better' is just silly. The only thing we can do as supporters is get behind the team and support them to go and win. Inquests are sad enough without 'what-if-we-had-lost' stuff.

Purleeease!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hiney said:
But he's not properly fit yet!!

You can't just throw someone back in and expect them to be firing on all cylinders straight away.

This is what I mean about the juggling act.

Dodd for 60 is better than Hart for 90

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here