Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If We Got A Penalty To Guarantee League One Survival

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
He did miss, but because it is Virgo, there are rules that only apply to him (like must play if fit :jester: ), he was made to retake it. He scored second time round

Can't loose then can we, could be a Millwall scenario where the lino gives him as many attempts as he needs to score, exactly what we need!:thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I suspect Virgo is the penalty taker in the current side.

When we played yeovil, Owusu went for the ball and wanted to take the kick, but Murray snuck in using the multiball system, so I'd say owusu is probably the penalty taker for us at the moment.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Virgs for his power, technique and composure. Smashes them but with his head down and even a keepers hand is unlikely to keep it out.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
When we played yeovil, Owusu went for the ball and wanted to take the kick, but Murray snuck in using the multiball system, so I'd say owusu is probably the penalty taker for us at the moment.

Wasn't Virgo banned?

I'd want Virgo to take it I think, Owusu as a pen taker doesn't install me with confidence for some reason.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He did miss, but because it is Virgo, there are rules that only apply to him (like must play if fit :jester: ), he was made to retake it. He scored second time round
I thought he was a tad fortunate in the Swindon game as well, only just managed to get it under the bar! I think Elphick's penalties have been more convincing actually, although he's taken less.

What about Hart?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It must be Loft, Loft, Loft.

la la la la laaaaaaa

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I realise you are joking, but it is annoying that Virgo's contribution to the team is ignored. In recent weeks he has shown he is our best centre back (and he and Elphick should have been the partnership all season). It is not his fault he was mucked around and played out of position.

Personally, I would go for Owusu as he is scoring a lot at the moment but as long as it is not Birchall or Jarrett would be happy as they are the only ones to miss a legal spot kick in a shoot out for us this season (other than Savage who has left).

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Virgo.

I would say Owuso but he likes to PLACE everything in. I'm having visions of him trying to slide it into the bottom corner with the keeper falling on it with ease.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Probably VIRGO.

Failing that, Elphick, if only for the brilliant MEXICAN WAVE thing he does with his hands as he hits it!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When we played yeovil, Owusu went for the ball and wanted to take the kick, but Murray snuck in using the multiball system

Yeah, Sicknote must be really proud of maintaining his 1-in-2 goal record by nicking one off his hard-working team-mate.

Lloyd should have given him a slap, there and then :lol:

Last edited:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
davies...." sorry russell i had an open goal from 2 yrds out that could have kept us up and i messed up...i could kick my bloody self.... slade... " dont bother youd probably miss :annoyed:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Virgo is a good penalty taker, and Elphick's record from the spot is pretty good. But neither of them fill me with confidence for a moment such as this.

Therefore, I would let Owusu have it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here