Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we go down where did it go wrong?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
13) Magoo falling out with Magammon who would have got us a few goals with the correct handling

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
14) being too pig headed to realise he's f***ed up and blaming everyone down to the tea lady.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Luton away with poor team selection admitted by McGhee.
We got 6 points from the 2 games immediately before and have secured just 4 since QPR on Boxing Day.

And when was the transfer window?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Normandy seagull said:
Now that is an idea! or Dieppe bit closer? Fans would enjoy the piss up on the ferry on the way over- Seine Maritime council would be pleased

Dieppe takes longer by ferry so I will settle for Channel tunnel.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
16. Not replacing Dan Harding. Mayo was never realistically going to be able to cover the left back position.

:(

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
McGhee not f***ing off to be Strachan's lapdog at Celtic in the summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Curious Orange said:
I think the lack of an experienced striker being brought in pre-season is the biggest factor in our form this season.

It has been said many times he himself said in September that we were 2 players away from being a reasonable side and we are still those 2 players short. So who is to blame.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
BensGrandad said:
11. In September MM said that we were two players off of a decent midtable side. We still do not have those 2 players.

Perhaps those two players haven't been available or been out of our reach financially. You can add to the above list Oatway being injured I think we've collected 4 points since the QPR game.

Personally, I thought we hit a ceiling when we reached 44 points last year and went on that 6 point losing streak towards the end of last season. With the resources at our disposal we were never going to anything else but struggle, if we stay up this year, the same thing is going to happen again. I accepted at the beginning of the season that we'd lose more matches than win and when looking at relegation candidates guessed 4 of the 5 currently in those positions (Leicester instead of Watford was the wrong one).

Finances will always dictate what level a club will operate and even when operating above it there will eventually come a time when it will be pulled back down to the correct level. That to me is what appears to be happening to us at the moment. We have little money, we do not even have the collateral to raise loans, the only way to get around it is produce our own, like Crewe have been doing for the last 15 years, then sell them on, precisely what the club planned from 1999 and something which is now bearing fruit.

It makes me laugh when people say we shouldn't be using the ground as an excuse because it is blatantly obvious that they have no grounding in reality, until 22,000 seats become a viable revenue stream, until executive boxes become a viable revenue stream, until the lub stops paying silly money in rent we are always going to be handicapped. Speculation is not option because there is little to speculate with and as has so far been proved speculation does not always equate with success and can drag the club further in the mire. I'm sure Starry will tell you that gambling on three years Champions league money put Leeds where they are today. Both Rotherham and Gillingham tried it last year and are now struggling below.

We are where we are due to both long and short term reasons and some point in time an overachieving club will always return from whence it has come because it is not capable of sustaining itself in its lofted environment. Whether you like it or not that appears to be happening to us.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I think magoo was deluded if he thought we were two players away from mid-table- I think 'more like two players away from staying up' is more realistic

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Normandy seagull said:
17) Oatway being injured long term

good shout things have fallen apart since he got injured.Who was that twat on here that said that was good news at the time

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Bromley shrimp said:
Agree, so why the hell is he playing midfield for the last 2 games?

and reid not even in the 16 :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself Mcghee like at Millwall,Wolves has lost the plot.He was very very lucky to come in after a great manager in Steve Coppell.Like so many have said Knight should of brought in Dowie or Cotterill

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
19) Signing Henderson not Blayney- sorry I'm still not convinced, makes good saves but makes too many errors for me

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Normandy seagull said:
2) Not signing a striker

That's the one.

Truth is the defence have more than contributed to our downfall, but January we simply had to sign a big striker who could lead the line. The fact we didn't seem to take the wind out of the whole club. It's been a dramatic decline since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here