Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we don't get to build at Withdean I hope the build .....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Presumably you mean Falmer, not WIthdean, but in no particularl order, my preferences would be

-bail hostel
-rehab centre for serial offenders
-landfill site
-permanent travellers settlement for the whole of the South of England complete with caravan repair facilities and record shop selling super powered stereos and cheap CDs containing Irish cover versions of popular hits
- a testing centre for the next generation of supersonic jet engines
- a giant all night bar for the students of Sussex University
- army shooting range or tank testing facilities
- medical research centre where they test on monkeys, thus drawing the attentions of the ALF to Falmer.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
A bloody great multi storey hospital.
They will get all the drunks and low life in the emergency ward.
Lights on all night.
Sirens going night and day.
Cars going in and out 24/7
And we could all still get to use the facillities at sometime, tho I would rather not.
But a great benefit to the community.
How could those NIMBY'S argue that we dont need one of them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like Stephen Fry, something tall, loud, ugly and pointless.

I'd vote for a windmill-type construction, which has sails made out of metal dustbin lids. This would be driven by a diesel motor running 24/7 to propel the sails round and round against a large protruding metal bar near the top. An incessant "clang" would ring out every 1.8 seconds. This construction would produce absolutely nothing except non-stop noise, and unpleasant fumes from the engine driving it.

No reason for it whatsoever, its sole purpose would be to irritate and annoy everyone within a two mile radius, day and night. Constantly.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A permanent moto cross venue, complete with lights so the bikes can tear around there until late. Wouldn't need any buildings so there's no need for planning is there?

The prospect of those f**kwit Nimbys having to listen to scores of tinny motorbikes 7 days a week would fill me with joy. I might even be tempted to take up biking myself.

Motocross-B84F0754.jpg

Last edited:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I think Gatwick should be moved to there. But this time with 8 terminals and 6 runways. Also, to cope with the extra passenger load build a new railways station with 23 platforms. :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A hypermarket, complete with petrol station offering cut price fuel, but obviously you'd have to take the train to get the supermarket :dunce: and keep quiet so as not to disturb the bats. :jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Or the Old Bats who married a NIMBY.

Naturaly, the university could build an animal testing laboratory there.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How about a biological weapons development laboratory?

In the movies, the monkeys always escape after a while and spend a brief but scary period spreading hideous germs around the immediate vicinity.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Simster said:
A hypermarket, complete with petrol station offering cut price fuel, but obviously you'd have to take the train to get the supermarket :dunce: and keep quiet so as not to disturb the bats. :jester:

Yes, but sadly the railway line won't be electified so it will be run entirely with very noisy diesel trains, that emit quite a lot of toxic fumes. :smokin:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A plant for decommissioning the components of former Soviet nuclear power stations and submarines?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Here's what they actually did in shoreham, built a new housing estate and moved half of Whitehawk down here :angry: :shootself

So I say build a housing estate and move the other half of whitehawk there :clap2:
smell of a burning car anyone? :D

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect they will get big smelly cows with flies and "everlasting" cow pats.

Perhaps, with a multi-storey abbatoir. Cows go in one end and nicely wrapped steak and kidney pies come out the other, with yer drive-in McDonalds.

Farming Today

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here