Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] iF we do go down, who leaves?

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Probably a lot lower than the % that are getting angry. I think people tend to forget hoe bad things used to be, even those who supported us through those times.

I agree, as I cannot mention the Hereford word, I think that more is being made of this than need be.
It's an excuse to get angry ???

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Would that be a bad thing?

Barber:

NGGhfpx.gif

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Paul Barber seems to be a decent chap to me. Always communicating well on social media, personal e mails, and seems to be the go to person when Talk Sport want to talk about Brighton. He also was not brought up as a Brighton fan.

As for Ashworth. Anonymous.

For wages upwards of 500k per annum.
I would act decent as well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Definite;
Trossard
Gross
Dunk
Propper

Possible;
Stephens
Bernardo
Ryan
Maupay
Montoya

To my mind there are only three players there who would get into another Premier League side, Dunk, Propper, and Ryan, with one or two other possibles. So the only reason anyone else may leave would be, if the club wants to sell them, the are prepared to play in the Championship, or they just fanct a change of scene.

I have a feeling the great majority of players would stay.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To my mind there are only three players there who would get into another Premier League side, Dunk, Propper, and Ryan, with one or two other possibles. So the only reason anyone else may leave would be, if the club wants to sell them, the are prepared to play in the Championship, or they just fanct a change of scene.

I have a feeling the great majority of players would stay.

The club will have to cut £45m of costs per annum, there’s only so much a one off windfall on selling Dunk will finance. The club will accept offers from the continent too, to free itself of a plethora of players on £40k to £60k a week.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The club will have to cut £45m of costs per annum, there’s only so much a one off windfall on selling Dunk will finance. The club will accept offers from the continent too, to free itself of a plethora of players on £40k to £60k a week.

Quite possibly, but on the most part the players that leave will do so because the club chose to sell them, not because the players themselves chose pastures new.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite possibly, but on the most part the players that leave will do so because the club chose to sell them, not because the players themselves chose pastures new.

We’ll never know either way, unless a rotten apple or his agent emerge with days of the window left in August.

For better or worse, players hold the aces in modern football and invariably get their wish. Overriding what people often say “He’s under contract, if the Chairman says he must honour that, he’s going nowhere”

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We’ll never know either way, unless a rotten apple or his agent emerge with days of the window left in August.

For better or worse, players hold the aces in modern football and invariably get their wish. Overriding what people often say “He’s under contract, if the Chairman says he must honour that, he’s going nowhere”

Maybe, but as he said, most players in a squad that’s been relegated wouldn’t be wanted by another Premier League club.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
IMHO the following will be moved on/ask to go in the Summer regardless of what Division we’re in:

Montoya
Schelotto
Bong
Duffy
Stephens
Bissouma
Kayal
Groß
Knockaert
Locadia
Murray (if still here then)

If we drop these may ask to move to play at higher level:

Ryan
Bernardo
Dunk
Mooy
MacAllister
Trossard
Andone

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If we went down I don’t think many would be in demand.

Propper
Trossard
Maupay
Dunk
Bernardo perhaps

I don’t think Ryan would be in as much I demand as some think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Does anyone think any club in the EPL will come in for Stephens and offer him what he’s on here? No chance. We’re stuck with him.

Out of form at the moment l'll agree, but has been our defensive midfield mainstay for a few seasons now. I fancy you might be surprised, he was wanted by Burnley a couple of seasons ago, and l think he could have plenty to offer a club like that.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Personally reckon we'll nudge ourselves over the line with a bit of time to spare.

But it's interesting to think of the alternatives, doesn't make anyone a doom merchant :shrug:

I guess that depends on your perception, mine is anyone discussing who'll stay and who'll go after 24 games of a 38 game season, when we sit 15th with 25 points is a merchant of doom, but that is only my perception

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
For me I think we'll be fine, we haven't had much luck this season so with that and some improved performances I believe we end up around 15th.

However in the context of this thread, I think we'll be surprised at who stays. We have a good bunch of players who the majority will want to stay to get the club back up. Of course some will be moved on because they want to leave or we want to get them off the wage bill. So maybe these will go (sold or on loan)

Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo
Montoya
Propper
Trossard
Maupay
Mooy (doesn't make sense for him to be permanent now, wait till summer then move onto Prem club)

So we could bring in a huge amount of money which will help bring players in the Potter mould, however based on who will be left and on our books it could be:

Walton/Button

(new RB), Webster/White, Burn/Clarke, new LB/Cochrane

Jahanbaksh/Roberts?, Molumby, Alzate, Izquierdo

Connolly, new Striker/Tolaj/Vukoje?

I'm sure we would see a few u23's coming through, after a shaky start I can see them playing well enough to get into top 6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here